Potential Rolling Road 2013

Matt O-SRi

Which month do people prefer for the Rolling Road?   

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which month do people prefer for the Rolling Road?

• May
    • June

OKay, so don't laugh, but aren't rolling roads all about the car's actual power output? Great fun if you have an Sr or modded car, but three 1.6 autos??? *falls on floor laughing*

I'm really not sure there would be any point me doing this one heheheh.  I hold no illusions about my cars performance, but then I'm the rare breed that doesn't actually care!

Might be fun to do the convoy down, but I won't know if I can until closer the time. Bolly's tax runs out the end of this month and I'm not renewing because I want to try and get Nick on the road for 1st March - which isn't going to be easy as I'm still on short time!

If Nick gets fixed, I'll take it from there - hell, maybe I could hold the record for the crappest performance of any Mk2??? Tee hee! ;) 

• CLUB ADMIN

I don't think I'd actually rolling road mine even if I made the trip. Not into any kind of Cav thrashing lol! :P

It's far from a thrashing Dawn, it's a health check and the operator will only take it to revs that the owner is happy with. Even under load it's a fraction of a second and the whole thing is over. I'd seriously recommend it as a great opportunity for all, if you watch back the older vids you will see that peoples targets were generally, standard power, just 20-30 years later!

What sort of costs are involved? I'm not up on all this tech stuff!

It'll cost around 30 quid per car I think Dawn and just your fuel there and back. It's a really fun experience. Tells you a lot about how your car is performing too. Hugely recommended day out!

mat_o_sig.jpg

1984 Cav SRi MK2 Hatchback | 1999 1.8 Mazda MX5 Cabby