Potential Rolling Road 2013

Matt O-SRi

Which month do people prefer for the Rolling Road?   

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which month do people prefer for the Rolling Road?

• May
    • June

I am desperately trying to still save enough to be on site all weekend at Billing, and don't know for sure what Nick needs for another about four weeks. Those two get priority while I'm on short time, but I am still interested, if only to get us altogether, just depends on funds/job situation. I guess I'm saying I won't know if I can attend for a few weeks yet, or which Cav it would be. I'll keep you posted, Matt!

More like the 150 bhp seh in action ( if i am lucky ), remember its only normally aspirated. But if it does what the expert WB said it should do 160 - 170 with what has been done which i seriously doubt i would be pleased. I think he may have based the output on his building powers not mine. 

• CLUB ADMIN

Problem is that in May many people don't have their cavs back on the road again for the summer - June catches the daily drivers as well as the show-ers.

List is growing nicely though. Think if we get 15-20 names we'll get it booked up that will determine the date.. but lets gun for 30! Let's make it an epoch for MK2CAV.COM to rival Euro 09 and the best of Billing.

• CLUB ADMIN

There are events all through, just gotta find a good date. Problem with PV weekend is that everywhere around there is usually heaving. Also, think there was a nice bit of buildup for it being the whole reason we are there! So what dates do we know about already in June?

pls register my interest its dependent on clashing with certain other things in June (eg Le Mans)

pls let us have a date as soon as- maybe sooner than later - May??

Sorry for the above did not mean to start an avalanche of pre-emptive groans - it was tongue in cheek and hope that I would not have a serious clash of dates!  As a peripheral member (somewhere in outer space) and net taker from the club I would not seek to influence your deliberations in any way.

You have established patterns of activity which have stood the test of time - so hats off.

Look forward to it whenever it is.

• SITE MODERATOR

I might (tempting fate) might have a mk2 available by June..........get a confirmed date please and I'll broach the subject with the boss for approval ::);)

If I don't make it with a cav (yet again) I'll have to bring the unleaded to noise converter if I'm allowed

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys :'(

I'll just bring the ro and rip the rollers out :-*

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

you couldnt afford the fuel to run the 'ro long enough to get a reading

Jokes aside the fuel drop on the gauge after the MOT is a tad shocking.....

• SITE MODERATOR

the MOT tester hasnt been taking it for a spin has he? like that video online of the monaro with the dash cam fitted  ;)

I have used the same place for 15yrs, so I doubt it.  Its got a tracker so he is in trouble if thats the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • CLUB ADMIN

Thread will be locked pending big update and formal thread.

We will be holding the event at RGS Motorsport, and the BEST weekend would be the 1st/2nd of June. We could have the rollers on the Saturday, and on Sunday there is a RWYB at SantaPod for anyone that wanted to stay on. The rollers are less than 10 minutes from the strip, giving more value to peoples travel.

The week before there is the national drag championships across the weekend, but no user cars are possible. The most sensible weekend would be the 1st June, close enough to keep the May people happy too.

The process is a lot more comprehensive on these rollers, with 15-20mins per car rather than the sling it on approach of other places - as recommended by Northampton motorsport our previous supplier.