VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread

andy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there guys I'm new on here & joined as a member on your owners club website even though I own a mk2 Laguna, I used to own Vauxhalls in the past & I haven't been to a show since 2010. The last time I took my own car was in 2009 & I had a silver mk3 Astra 1.6 16v Arctic back then I tried asking the old mk3oc.com I used to be with back then but since owning a Laguna they didn't wanna know. Anyways what I wanted to ask is I don't understand about the bit on how much it will cost on the days I wanna go on Friday night & Saturday night & leave probably early afternoon on Sunday so how much will it cost on those days?

Hi there guys I'm new on here & joined as a member on your owners club website even though I own a mk2 Laguna, I used to own Vauxhalls in the past & I haven't been to a show since 2010. The last time I took my own car was in 2009 & I had a silver mk3 Astra 1.6 16v Arctic back then I tried asking the old mk3oc.com I used to be with back then but since owning a Laguna they didn't wanna know. Anyways what I wanted to ask is I don't understand about the bit on how much it will cost on the days I wanna go on Friday night & Saturday night & leave probably early afternoon on Sunday so how much will it cost on those days?

Welcome. Are you bringing a mk2 along to put on show with us?

I've just booked my pitch for the same timeframe and it was £30.

mat_o_sig.jpg

1984 Cav SRi MK2 Hatchback | 1999 1.8 Mazda MX5 Cabby

Welcome. Are you bringing a mk2 along to put on show with us?

I've just booked my pitch for the same timeframe and it was £30.

read his post again matt  :P, welcome buddy, as a member of the site you dont have to own a mk2 cav to attend and camp with us, just ask to be put on the list and im sure one of the mods will add you.

Sorry but I wont be able to make this after all. I don't have reliable transport to come in, two breakdowns in just over a week! French shite vans.  :(

chris, as your self employed why aren't you leasing a van ?, 100% tax deductable, its a no brainer mate.

I had my vito for 8 years, before I sold it I got 150 tax deductable for depreciation  :o, hence why I now lease, I either pay the tax man the 300 a month or drive a new vw transporter.

• CLUB MEMBER
chris, as your self employed why aren't you leasing a van ?, 100% tax deductable, its a no brainer mate.

I had my vito for 8 years, before I sold it I got 150 tax deductable for depreciation  :o, hence why I now lease, I either pay the tax man the 300 a month or drive a new vw transporter.

I had my nissan primastar from  new  sold it last year as it cost me thousands each year to fix.. Now I lease a transit custom . Road tax. , tyres and servicing paid for . All for £283 a month inc vat.

well its decision time, new starter motor, dual mass flywheel, clutch etc or new van? anyone know anything about Nissan nv200 vans?

If it's the second time the starter has gotten farked your probably wasting your money replacing it without doing the flywheel

What would Gordon do?

If self-employed I would look at leasing as Richie said it can be deductable.

I've worked for a lot of transport companies and rule of thumb I have used is Merc for courier work (rust out ofter 6-7 years) and Transit if a tradesman. VW transporters are good for trade but expensive and can be heavy on fuel.

577bc128-47ed-4797-8674-a791925cbfad_zps

I haven't fitted a starter motor yet, its just some morning its dead till you hit it. In fairness I have had a good run of 3.5 years with just basic servicing to pay for and a couple of tyres, that's what makes the decision to swap it so hard because its basically a good van and some of the second hand stuff out there is proper ropey, a joiner I know bought a used vivaro, gearbox went in the first month £1500, then varying issues after that. If only Vauxhall had made a mk2 cavalier van, it would be so much easier. :)