VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread

andy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No billing for hearing aid :(

In short, I blew the gearbox last week, got another f16 and fitted it tonight.

Went for a test drive and yep lovely all sorted.

Had a tear up on the way home BRAAAA  lost fith AGAIN and plenty of noise.

So gentle drive home, pulled out the cluster while it's still Fucn hot!

Only other cluster we have is a f18 but after a few hours of very mid swear words later we realize it's isn't going to work.

So it's sitting in the garage sulking and waiting for a f28 now.

I'll chuck another f16 in it for the euro trip though but looks like I'm missing billing in it and possibly retro rides in it. :(

Well i was was within an inch of my life tonight of repeating my trick of two years ago and buying another cav to attend Billing, the blue cav of ebay, that is. It wasnt expensive and it did at least work, the insurance seemed a bit steep, most players wanting over £200 for a basic classic policy. Decided to leave it be in the end and buy some new parts for peters engine. Have new cam belt kit. Water pump, thermostat and oil cooler ordered to get it back running. Going to stick with what i have, will take longer in the end, but its more likely peter will see the road again, unlike if i buy another working cav that is.

well sorry to say it looking very unlikley i'm going to make billing  :( :( :( there is nothing wrong with the ascona its me thats broken down an old back injury has raised its ugly head and ive been confined to the sofa for the last 3 days the doc has given me stronger pain killers and im hopping that i will be well enough to join the rest of you who are attending  :'( :'( :'(

Drives probably the only other ascona sr/e on the road in the UK

well sorry to say it looking very unlikley i'm going to make billing  :( :( :( there is nothing wrong with the ascona its me thats broken down an old back injury has raised its ugly head and ive been confined to the sofa for the last 3 days the doc has given me stronger pain killers and im hopping that i will be well enough to join the rest of you who are attending  :'( :'( :'(

Hope you feel better mate

I HATE tooth aches and back pain

Anything else I can just about handle

But back aches not funny :(

• SITE MODERATOR

Bad news gents, hopefully you get yourselves sorted.

That said the weather is looking decidedly ropey, how much gazebo space does the club take?

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

its nothing to do with lack dedication on my part  >:( i have been really looking forward to going to billing as i always do ive worked hard to make sure the asconas ready to go and was looking forward to meeting members new and old and having a rumage around the auto jumble for those hard to find bits but now i'm laid up in agony and hating every minite of it  :'( :'(

Drives probably the only other ascona sr/e on the road in the UK