New member looking to aquire a mk2 cav

stewartg

Hi im Stewart from Co Fermanagh Northern Ireland, I have just joined mk2cav.com and am really enjoying it, I have owned 2 of these fine vehicles, first being a 1985 cav 1.6L and a 1987 1.6 L, I still own the latter vehicle but it is in terrible condition, really for spares only, if anyone knows of any around please get it touch, and keep an eye what comes up in the next few months. Thanks.

• SITE MODERATOR

Welcome to the site......car looks ok, a bit (maybe a lot) of welding would save it :D

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

I'll post a couple of rear end pics, unfortunetly it got hit without me knowing, leaving it requiring a boot lid and rear panel taillight and a few bits and pieces.

All still available ;)

There are a few members who are a bit bonkers and have take the rear off these.......its time, money and effort.  Without any 1 of those and the cause is lost.  Good luck with it, if its too far gone, then as you say providing parts for another is still useful :angel:

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

Greg, this is cav rear end.

https://imageshack.com/i/kpOSYPc9j

New back panel, bit of messing with the boot floor and the rear part of the chassis leg.  Both the back panel and rear section of the chassis leg are available.  Its doable, but if you can't weld etc it will cost to get the trades on it.  Depends on the bond with the car.  My white one was bought in 1997.....still trying to sort it.  One day ::)