New member in Scotland

Jamesieboy

Thanks for all the nice and positive comments,  storming thanks will consider it. Just my car seems to have a bit of an identity crisis, as it has two different headlight units. Also the indicator units were different, I replaced the indicators with two new ones. That's when I discovered the different headlights, the new indicator units were a matching pair the old ones were different. One headlight is bigger than the other, or at least the glass is, the new indicators are the same size as the larger glass headlight is that the later lights? Passenger side must have been replaced after a minor bump (been cleared for any insurance claims) the grille is also damaged and needs replaced.

Greg have gave them a general check but will give them more close an inspection (read the stories on here about them).

Matt cheers will keep updated when I can, work makes it hard at times  :(.

Cavvypogo if you like pm me where abouts in EK you are eg Calderwood, Saint Leonards, Greenhills etc and we can maybe try arrenge to meet up some time. Got to go for now might get chance to update more in a wee while with pics  :)

The early spec headlights had a chamfered edge where as the later spec models had a more squared off edge.

Sounds like somebody has just replaced a broken light with a later spec type.

The replacement glass is just held in with i think 4 metel clips and  can be easily removed.

The glass i have is the early spec type with the chamfered edge and will fit both your headlights regardless if early or late spec as the units were basically the same throughout production.

They are genuine bosch units in the original box!!

These will sort out your problem with your odd shaped/sizes headlights.

Thanks Storming for the info already stripped the lights as the passenger side had moisture in it, dried it and used a wee bit clear silicon sealent when rebuild them. Thanks for the offer will bear it in mind but might look for later spec glass. Think it looks better on the car also match the new indicator units, but could still be tempted. Hope to write up a bit more of an update later tonight/tomorrow morning.

Will keep in mind storming but have to be carefull of funds at the moment, have had to tax two cars this month costing about £125 each and my insurance is due this weekend for four cars :( . So moneys a bit tight, I work for a charity so not the greatest of paying jobs. The offer is very much appreciated and once money situation improves can think of these things. Are they the units advertised on ebay?

• 3 weeks later...
  • CLUB MEMBER

Thanks Andy and Andyf, you never know you just might. Every year I already go down to the Staffordshire and surrounding area, to the Avenger and Sunbeam owners club national weekend. Bought cars as far south as Poole and Hayles so distance no object lol. Where abouts is it you live?

Matt "nice save there" (don't know how to do the fancy quote thing yet lol) thanks  :). Not sure about the wheels will post a picture on here when computer stops being a nuisance. See you say its one of your fave colours maybe you can help me, the paint code is 73L but when I looked it up online it says its bordeaux red listed as 88-92 in pearlescent. My car is an 84 and quite certain its a solid colour. Thanks for the welcome Greg  :). Hope to get more pics up later tonight.

James I stay just south of aberdeen place called stonehaven.

• 1 month later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

Hi James

If your ever up my way give me a shout and I will show my 20 car collection 6 of which are cavs.

You don't have nearly enough.....buy more  :o

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

20 cars, nice Andy everyone thought I was bad with just the 7 (although would have more if I thought I could get away with it lol  ::)). Thanks for the invite, would love to see your collection. Got a mate up in Inverurie in another car club, so never know might make it up that way some day.