Russian Irmscher

Viktor_opel

Hey guys!

My name is Viktor and this is my project. Still not ready yet but it's in process...Hoping to see finally assembled quite soon.

Course some pics of my car.

Engine 20SEH+Lexmaul, -35 Vogtland kit. LCD dashboard and many other specs..

adeaba2s-960.jpg

37ad4e2s-960.jpg

7d0d4e2s-960.jpg

b24fd02s-960.jpg

ceeaba2s-960.jpg

P.S. on the last pic also mine Vectra B)

It nice to find comrades, cause in Russia with years has become quite complicated to find this car..

It excited me from the first sight!Irmscher is looking gorgeous in my opinion,especialy on good wheels/ I started looking for an Irmscher kit and finally found one in another region, damaged after a car crash but still it was full. Then I bought an engine and that how  this project have started)

• 1 month later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

Looks good Viktor....its great to see people globally enjoying these cars 8)

• Like 1

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• 2 years later...

Hi comrades. My Ascona is still alive though it was an accident in september 2015.. Unfortunately half of the engine area burned out, that's why I was almost two years out of business, but now we are on the road again.

C20XE installed,a lot of work has been done to get it back on wheels and I'm very happy, though much time I've lost)

Also have new 288mm front discs and calipers from Vectra B.

P70702-171018(1).jpg

P70630-191928(1).jpg

• SITE MODERATOR

Viktor, great dedication.....nice job

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

That,s one fine looking motor a lot of time must have gone into making it look so good.  I would think not many survive in Russia due to the bad weather, do they cover the roads with salt and grit like they do over here when we have frost or snow ? 

How is the parts availability in Russia ? Many parts are rare over here mainly trim etc and prices have risen the last few years, i would imagine that parts must be very hard for you to find and you probably have to buy from other countries.

12 hours ago, neilsri130 said:

That,s one fine looking motor a lot of time must have gone into making it look so good.  I would think not many survive in Russia due to the bad weather, do they cover the roads with salt and grit like they do over here when we have frost or snow ? 

How is the parts availability in Russia ? Many parts are rare over here mainly trim etc and prices have risen the last few years, i would imagine that parts must be very hard for you to find and you probably have to buy from other countries.

Yes, unfortunately very few cars are still on the road, in Russia about 5 as far as know, also about 2-3 in Belarus and Estonia. The weather conditions are not quite good? especially in Saint-Petesburg, that's why I only have a ride in summer. In winter our salty road will kill it.

Up to this time I think we dont have problems with spare parts, may be only with body and some specific parts...Some rare parts I have bought in Poland, but still they are possible to find in Russia like LCD dashboard,front and rear original electrical window lifts and some others. For example, I have a spare front Irmscher bumper, also saw some Irmscher kits on sale.

• 1 month later...