otipoiss

• 2 months later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

I believe that I got mine (non genuine) from here

https://www.atp-autoteile.de/de

or maybe here

http://www.opel-classicparts.de/

Long time ago when I bought chassis legs for the white one

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.8.2017 at 13:59, otipoiss said:

Could anything be read from it's VIN?

IMG_3643.JPG

Late, but not to late, i hope:

W0L0JF690J6021414-74 L

W0L - Manufacturer opel/vauxhall

0JF69 - Opel / J-Car platform notchback 4-door basemodel

0 - ???

J - Modelyear 1988 (from 09.1987-07.188)

6 - manufacturer factory Antwerpen

021414 - Production number

74 - ???

L - Left hand drive

80V1781 0JF69 357

80V1781  - Modelyear 1988, following order number

0JF69 - Opel / J-Car platform notchback 4-door basemodel

357 - Upholstery Rallye Twill - grey (includes:

dashboardcolor: anthrazit

carpet fleece dark grey or velours dark grey

inside plastic colors: grey

10 NS 86 AU3 A01 BS2

10 - Color E474 Casablanca white

NS – Country??? I dont now, from where came the car? Sweden?

86 - Opel / J-Car platform notchback 4-door basemodel

AU3 - 4-door central locking

A01 - Tinted glass an windscreen shadeband

BS2 - Isolation package 2

CE3 CF4 DK2 DK3

CE3 - Headlamp wash/wipe

CF4 - Sliding/tiltable glass sunroof

DK2 - Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors left side

DK3 - Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors right side

F59 LE4 MG4 N51 T39 T5X U68

F59 - Stabilizer rear axle

LE4 - C20NE Engine (because T5X)

MG4 - 5-speed cr transmission

N51 - no power steering

T39 - additional blinkers

T5X - controlled catalyst

U68 - Seven function trip computer

XJ5 XQ4

XJ5 - ???

XQ4 - Irmscher equipment

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the information 242!

Unfortunately not much developments have taken place with my car. I cant get my hands on the right hand side longitudinal rear chassis leg (or whatever its called). Left one could be ordered still i think, but I asked the shops that Greg linked here for the right hand side - not available.

Im still thinking which way to go, the left hand side part on my car could be saved i think, its definately better than the one on the right, but if im supposed to build the right hand side from scratch on my own, then theres not much point on spending any money for the other side.

• SITE MODERATOR

Try messaging users on here.  I think a dutch place user name (or similar) M&M dronten and Opel Classic parts Greece.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• 1 month later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

Nice inner arch.  Did you manage to source some inner chassis legs?

• 4 weeks later...

I was told that Opel Vectra (MK3 Cavalier) shares its whole underside with MK2, so I should have been looking for those bits aswell. Right now I don't even care, seems more interesting to try and reproduce the longitudinal members myself. 

Some pictures too, winter is giving up slowly. 

kaar22.jpg

karp22.jpg

puru.jpg

I have managed to source a set of Irmscher wheels for this car. I've wanted these for a long time now and they were an absolute steal. Unfortunately i dont have centercaps, but hoping to find those aswell. 

velg.jpg

• SITE MODERATOR

Love it......keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SITE MODERATOR
15 hours ago, otipoiss said:

pr1.jpg

pr2.jpg

That is special......excellent.....I guess you have left off the axle pivot to align that with another piece of fabrication work onto this?  Do you have the other side to line it up with?  We did these one at a time on my LX to keep the axle as straight as possible (by keeping 1 reference point on the car).  Also my dad made a spacer for it to allow fitment without using a heavy axle to check.

• 2 weeks later...

poolraam2.jpg

poolraam3.jpg

Top layer welded on. Effectively it is pretty much the same as the one under it, which was shown on previous pictures, just a tiny bit larger in every measure.

Other side needs same treatment, but axle pivot for this side needs to be done first. I don't think I'll ever be able to get these 100% correct and true...

• 1 month later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

Nice welding job, how did you get the right height for the axle pivots (I see a spacer, but did you just measure the distance to the floor to make sure its level?)

I only ask, as time goes buy and the chassis legs disappear from existence, this will become the new norm.

• SITE MODERATOR
17 hours ago, otipoiss said:

Final adjustment to rear axle will most likely require large hammers and violence😀

Lol.

The only worry is squareness to the road surface.  As you say fingers crossed its ok.

Have you tried your doors back in yet?  I left mine in to assist with rigidity and keep shape when putting in the new 1/4s, chassis legs and sills etc.