VBOA Billing 2016

GreyDJ2

• SITE MODERATOR

Well that means that the white lx will probably be completed as I cannot go.  When I was told the 8-11th July was set in stone, I booked a holiday, so I am gutted now as I won't be there!

I am not blaming you John, as its the VBOA that have changed the dates, and not you.  I cannot change the holiday before people say anything.  Not happy.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• CLUB REP

I agree with the dissatisfaction expressed but sorry, there is nothing we can do about it.

As the British GP seemed to have settled on the same weekend the VBOA reasonably assumed it would continue like that, indeed there was a provisional list of dates released in July showing a 26 June date. It was only at a FIA meeting at the end of September that the date was changed. VBOA moved the event as we have experienced the effects of a clash in the past and we vowed not to let it happen again, as the A43 goes one way in then one way out on Sat/Sun (causing big diversions) and all the hotels and Billing increase their rates significantly.

• CLUB ADMIN

I've updated the event calendar to have a heading, location etc.. Remember it's the 35th, so please use the new RSVP feature!

So there is the event in calendar, and then a chat thread - no sign-up thread needed anymore. Also. Any event can have a review and galleries added to it once you RSVP. Only members can RSVP (at lease if I've got the permissions right!)

• SITE MODERATOR
19 hours ago, GreyDJ2 said:

I agree with the dissatisfaction expressed but sorry, there is nothing we can do about it.

As the British GP seemed to have settled on the same weekend the VBOA reasonably assumed it would continue like that, indeed there was a provisional list of dates released in July showing a 26 June date. It was only at a FIA meeting at the end of September that the date was changed. VBOA moved the event as we have experienced the effects of a clash in the past and we vowed not to let it happen again, as the A43 goes one way in then one way out on Sat/Sun (causing big diversions) and all the hotels and Billing increase their rates significantly.

Like I said John, its not your fault and I'd never shoot the messenger.  I'll have to go to another trip.....maybe retro....we'll see.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

On 05/11/2015, 12:23:17, Greg said:

Well that means that the white lx will probably be completed as I cannot go.  When I was told the 8-11th July was set in stone, I booked a holiday, so I am gutted now as I won't be there!

I am not blaming you John, as its the VBOA that have changed the dates, and not you.  I cannot change the holiday before people say anything.  Not happy.

what am i gonna sit on now the blow up couch wont be there?

• SITE MODERATOR
14 hours ago, Paul said:

what am i gonna sit on now the blow up couch wont be there?

True, and I cannot play late night rugby with Younger either.......rubbish.  That said, I am eyeing up retro with the white one......just need to know the dates.

• SITE MODERATOR
On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎17‎:‎44‎:‎24, Richie said:

Come for the weekend Greg, stay at the pub ?

What pub where, at retro?

• SITE MODERATOR

Its on the radar....we'll see how it all pans out.

• CLUB REP

This has just come in from VBOA

Members have complained that hotel rooms are not available for the rescheduled Billing date of July 15-17 2016. I checked on-line reservations for the Premier Inn hotel which is on Crow Lane adjacent to the Billing site to find that the system currently only goes up to May 2016. I spoke to Premier Inn central reservations who said the hotel was fully booked that weekend but did not know why. They put me onto the Billing hotel who confirmed it was booked "as July is very busy with the GP, shows at Billing and Santa Pod". I explained that we were one of these shows and the GP was on the 10th. He checked some more and said that the rooms for that weekend were not booked, just "not released". In other words they are sitting on them until dates for events are clarified and they will no doubt formulate a pricing policy to take maximum advantage of the local situation. His advice was to check on-line reservations on a weekly basis as actually they had a "lot of rooms" - just not released yet!
He also said that Billing Aquadrome and other local venues give them a schedule of events so they can plan accordingly.
The FIA meeting to confirm the 2016 Grand Prix calendar is scheduled for next week.It is expeccted to rubber stamp the British GP for the 10th.

• SITE MODERATOR

Hello John, did you voice some concern to the VBOA on the date change in that some of the members cannot make it from here?  Not having a gripe as what's done is done, but maybe for subsequent years date setting can be adjusted ;)