VBOA Billing 2016

GreyDJ2

• SITE MODERATOR
13 hours ago, Frisco said:

I have to add.

John please don't take my moaning as anything against yourself. I know you are only passing on the info and you may as well be talking to a wall as arguing with the vboa.

Thanks for keeping up up to date.

Same for me John.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • CLUB REP

OK guys and gals, the booking details are now up in the diary entry.

VBOA are currently spitting blood because out of the blue the Billing management have said that vendors in the autojumble have to be licensed, leading to an expected slashing in number of vendors attending. This is VBOAs only source of revenue at the event. As a consequence this could well be the last one held there.

There is a VBOA meeting next weekend so I will know a bit more after that.

Fookin how much? get camping man! I ve camped there and it was unseasonably wet for the few hours that i was there, but i can whole heartedly recommend it. \Ive even slept in my van before now (against the rules by the way...as the van was french) so anything goes really. May even come this year and camp subject to the high tide.........in another french van funnily enough but that does at least have the decency to wear a vauxhall badge, rather fitting for the occasion i think. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2016, 16:43:19, GreyDJ2 said:

OK guys and gals, the booking details are now up in the diary entry.

VBOA are currently spitting blood because out of the blue the Billing management have said that vendors in the autojumble have to be licensed, leading to an expected slashing in number of vendors attending. This is VBOAs only source of revenue at the event. As a consequence this could well be the last one held there.

There is a VBOA meeting next weekend so I will know a bit more after that.

why are they doing this don't they realize they could be killing the goose that lays the golden eggs

Drives probably the only other ascona sr/e on the road in the UK

• CLUB REP

It would appear that it is not just us but all the car shows are facing these problems. We won't know until later in the year what the plan is. The VBOA has sufficient funds to carry on with a smaller autojumble, but we don't know what impact that might have.

It seems there is a new manager onsite who is trying to make is mark. Whether Head Office agree that a loss of perhaps £250k in revenue can be made up or exceeded is unknown. Hopefully they will see sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • CLUB REP

It is the small operators that will be missing. As I understand it those with companies, VAT numbers etc will still be there.

I agree with Ivan. The amount of Mk2 stuff available there has dropped dramatically over the years. Contacts here and Ebay being much better sources. The only real advantage at Billing is the reduced transport costs of large items, oh and a bit of impulse buying ::)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • CLUB REP
2 hours ago, waynes-83-sri said:

Want to try and make it this year. Will be coming in my mk2 cav.What's the crack to get my car in with you lot. Tickets on the gate? General advice please.

Cheers

If you are coming for one day then yes, buy the £10 day ticket. Then you drive round to our pitch and drive onto it and say hello!

• SITE MODERATOR

If you are early enough the chat is fairly sensible.....the later it gets the worse it gets.  When I say sensible its as sensible as it can be for strange folk for the love of the mk2 cav ;)

Still gutted I am not around this yr.......not sure I can make retro either.....rubbish.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

5 hours ago, retrotony87 said:

hello to all, as i am new to the forum, I would like to know if I bring my gold one along to the aquqdrome, will I be able to park her along side all the others to celebrate the 35th.

If your a club member then of course you can buddy, just pull up on the stand and I'm sure someone will advise you were to park.

• SITE MODERATOR

Jonny will, he is our hero ;¬)