62 posts in this topic

Nice

About 70 miles covered today, went to the fishing hole -

20170401_185825_zpscv4krchl.jpg

Home for a bit-

20170401_174010_zpsdso4srck.jpg

Visited a couple of my other cars at the lock ups -

20170401_191343_zpsrrhroa85.jpg

Over all, it's quiet, reasonably quick, copes well with being hurled at corners, the brakes are excellent, and it doesn't appear to use much fuel. The only fly in the ointment is a bit of transmission shunt when changing gear - I have no idea if that's normal, or perhaps a gearbox mount is past its best or something?

what's your mileage? And on mine the mount under the alternator, the bolt keeper coming out. A bit of locktite done the job.

It's showing 36k, the low wear level of the interior suggests it might be right. It could be 136k if it's been looked after well though, from the MOT checker, its done 14k in the last 11 years.

so it seams legit, no gearbox wear then. Might even be a sticky clutch, especially if the mileage is low. Good looking cav by the way, nice in the dark blue, its not a colour I have seen alot of.

Cheers! After a couple of days, I kinda learned how to drive it smoothly, there doesn't appear to be anything amiss anywhere. I guess it's just "different" to my other cars?

Done another couple of hundred miles in it now, still going well! :)

Some more pieces of the puzzle arrived today

20170413_164144_zpsvkiyireb.jpg

20170413_163836_zpssvbkuosn.jpg

They'll be stashed away with the other bits until work commences, I'm actually quite looking forward to cutting all that car pox out!

Can't beat replacing the rot Steve......I can here the welder switching on now

Done a thousand miles in this so far - all is well other than the thermostat is now stuck open. Is the stat for an SEH engine the same as is in this engine? I'm having trouble finding one for my specific car - and also looking forward to the bolts shearing when I replace it!

Cheers

Nice one!

Still getting use out of this, a fair few miles done recently.

20170704_173611_zps7vpfbw9e.jpg

It's a pity it looks so shonky - hopefully I'll get round to stripping it down come the Autumn. :)