VBOA 2018 chat thread

GreyDJ2

• SITE MODERATOR

Should we launch a twitter account?  You may think that this is wrong place to raise it, but at shows it could help coordinate things on whats happening and when?  It could also bring in the appetite for immediate gratification that FB brings to bring people on to the stand and drum up some club support.....just a thought.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

22 hours ago, Greg said:

Should we launch a twitter account?  You may think that this is wrong place to raise it, but at shows it could help coordinate things on whats happening and when?  It could also bring in the appetite for immediate gratification that FB brings to bring people on to the stand and drum up some club support.....just a thought.

Would you be happy to run the clubs twitter account Greg?

• SITE MODERATOR

hhhmmm, maybe.....some numpties might not like my brand of no nonsense replies mind lol.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 13:36, GreyDJ2 said:

OK if not "blunt" how about "to the point without the expected Irish baloney" :)

lol

• 2 months later...
  • CLUB REP

Things are definitely being run differently for next year. We had a VBOA meeting this morning and LMF booking goes live tomorrow, Monday.

The site layout will change, whilst the autojumble will stay where it was everything else will change. We have not seen a plan but the concept is the arena in the middle with stands in concentric circles around it.

It looks as if LMF underestimated most things this year, not unexpectedly as it was their first go at it, so next year there will be much more spent on security, toilets, layout, rubbish disposal etc. This means that for the first time, almost in living memory, the day rate is increasing to the next logical amount (to minimise cash handling) of £15 with a weekend rate of £25. Camping will be £21 a night.

I will start a thread on it over the next few days.

• SITE MODERATOR

The VBOA website is saying the 14/15th July.....if true I am booked up already.  If that is the case, maybe a re-billing is on the cards for later in the summer (to be discussed).

• SITE MODERATOR
18 hours ago, GreyDJ2 said:

Yes Greg, it is the 14/5 July next year.

Gutted.....so it will be missed again.  It was earlier this year I thought and booked my holiday accordingly.  I will see if I can do a billing not billing later in the summer.

• SITE MODERATOR
19 hours ago, Paul said:

gives you another year to finish the white one then

:ph34r:

• 1 month later...
  • SITE MODERATOR
13 hours ago, Kelvin berry said:

Oh thats fantastic its not a million miles from me, are the dates the 14 / 15 of July Greg ?

Yep

• 2 months later...
  • CLUB REP

Had a VBOA meeting today. Below is the revised layout for this year's show. As you can see we are up near the entrance. The stand is 50 metre square, so bigger than Billing!

Running around the site is a two lane, one way track going clockwise so although we are by the entry we will have to drive all the way round to get to us.

This is how it is today, there may be changes but not for us.

The auto jumble and entertainment area is in the large black area bottom right. Toilets will be scattered around the site and we are close to the shower block!

The site is proving to be very resilient in wet weather. They have just taken two big shows from other show grounds (next week its 300+ horses and their transports) from other show grounds, including Peterborough, that are currently waterlogged. So if does rain we will not see another Billing washout.

Don't forget that you will have to be a paid up Club member to put your car on our stand. We need that £15 to pay for insurance and the other admin costs of the Club including this website and our VBOA related activities.

IMG_8288.JPG

• SITE MODERATOR
22 hours ago, GreyDJ2 said:

Had a VBOA meeting today. Below is the revised layout for this year's show. As you can see we are up near the entrance. The stand is 50 metre square, so bigger than Billing!

Running around the site is a two lane, one way track going clockwise so although we are by the entry we will have to drive all the way round to get to us.

This is how it is today, there may be changes but not for us.

The auto jumble and entertainment area is in the large black area bottom right. Toilets will be scattered around the site and we are close to the shower block!

The site is proving to be very resilient in wet weather. They have just taken two big shows from other show grounds (next week its 300+ horses and their transports) from other show grounds, including Peterborough, that are currently waterlogged. So if does rain we will not see another Billing washout.

Don't forget that you will have to be a paid up Club member to put your car on our stand. We need that £15 to pay for insurance and the other admin costs of the Club including this website and our VBOA related activities.

IMG_8288.JPG

Looks good.  I think the membership is now £15/yr as it just left my paypal account last week.  Worth every penny, if not for the banter on here alone :D

Edited by GreyDJ2
Membership cost corrected :(