Hatchback

Kelvin berry

• SITE MODERATOR

Great news Kelvin, we need some details.....model and budget (condition dependant of course) is a good start, also how far are you prepared to travel to collect?  I guess you want an MOT'd one to drive it home?  Did you want  a project one (budget dependant I guess).

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

You budget should get some pretty reasonable to be honest.....but prices are creeping up of late.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

Its the best sort Paul.....bit like your but hatch like

Update on cavalier,  she's mine now absolutely beautiful she is and by the looks of what I've seen so far not to much to get her back up and on the roads again.

I'm so excited I feel like a kid in a sweet shop.

Thanks to chris for letting me have her top bloke and seems really genuine.

It may be sad of me I know but because she's an lx model I'm calling her lexi. ...

Edited by Kelvin berry

• SITE MODERATOR

I like the enthusiasm Kelvin, good luck

4 hours ago, Greg said:

Pics.....we need pics please....

Still trying to figure out how to put pics on, just went for mot and it's very bad news the worst is the front subframe needs replacing, as well as new sills inner and outer, both arches , all brake pipes , all suspension,  all lights don't work to name but a few jobs, and while I was there she decided to refuse to start , got power to the coil and the starter clicks but won't turn enfine,  changed the battery for a new one and makes no difference. 

So tonight is going to be a research night to find the problem. 

• CLUB ADMIN

Earth or starter problem. I also had lead to starter corrode inside the cable and same with earth so worth checking!

As for posting pics, I can help you with that and it won't cost you hundreds of pounds either!! We can also help you find any bits you need.

Pics are drag and drop just below the message window on pc, or paperclip button on mobile. Happy to help just pm me.

9 hours ago, andy said:

Earth or starter problem. I also had lead to starter corrode inside the cable and same with earth so worth checking!

As for posting pics, I can help you with that and it won't cost you hundreds of pounds either!! We can also help you find any bits you need.

Pics are drag and drop just below the message window on pc, or paperclip button on mobile. Happy to help just pm me.

I'm only on a mobile so any help would be massively appreciated,  have taken starter off the car this morning gonna get it checked out and also the Haynes book of lies indicates that it may be the ignition switch.

• SITE MODERATOR
19 hours ago, Kelvin berry said:

Still trying to figure out how to put pics on, just went for mot and it's very bad news the worst is the front subframe needs replacing, as well as new sills inner and outer, both arches , all brake pipes , all suspension,  all lights don't work to name but a few jobs, and while I was there she decided to refuse to start , got power to the coil and the starter clicks but won't turn enfine,  changed the battery for a new one and makes no difference. 

So tonight is going to be a research night to find the problem. 

It didn't look that bad in the pictures, did you have a poke round underneath when you looked at it in the flesh.

Is the front subframe the footwells?  Sounds like a welding fest.  Pictures will help us help you.

29 minutes ago, Greg said:

It didn't look that bad in the pictures, did you have a poke round underneath when you looked at it in the flesh.

Is the front subframe the footwells?  Sounds like a welding fest.  Pictures will help us help you.

The welding on the front subframe area is pretty much at the Base of the bulkhead where it bends round to the footwell.

Pretty much expected to have a decent amount of welding to have done so all in all not a huge shock.

20171004_085028.jpg

20171004_085226.jpg

20171004_085014.jpg

20171004_134249.jpg

Edited by Kelvin berry

23 minutes ago, Kelvin berry said:

The welding on the front subframe area is pretty much at the Base of the bulkhead where it bends round to the footwell.

Pretty much expected to have a decent amount of welding to have done so all in all not a huge shock.

20171004_085028.jpg

20171004_085226.jpg

20171004_085014.jpg

20171004_134249.jpg

Apologies for the handwriting but this is the rewritten mot failure list, my hand writingsnot much better than the mot guy.

20171004_085014.jpg

20171004_085226.jpg

20171004_085028.jpg

3 hours ago, Kelvin berry said:

Apologies for the handwriting but this is the rewritten mot failure list, my hand writingsnot much better than the mot guy.

20171004_085014.jpg

20171004_085226.jpg

20171004_085028.jpg

Is anyone close to sapcote in leicestershire,  I could do with some help with the welding .

I've spent the afternoon visiting local bodyshops asking for a quote for the work to be done, but I keep getting the feeling that they don't want the job. I can't weld myself so I'm gonna need help.