Firsts.

Kelvin berry

My first cavalier was a blue hatchback reg WHA 259x I often wonder where it is now. Or if it's even on the road still. Dvla hold no records of it.

Wish I could find the pics of it to post but no luck so far. It was the best car I've ever owned had some great holidays in it, and it had so much done, always regret selling it.

What was everybody else's first cavalier. Story's would be nice to see.

1 hour ago, andy said:

Yellow one was my first + current one! Kelvin, that story is well known - but if we catch up at a meet I'll tell it!

Basically mum died when 10 (28 yrs ago now) it was hers from new, and I fought to keep the cav as a nipper. 

Some very nice motors you got there.

• CLUB MEMBER
On 30/09/2017 at 20:25, Kelvin berry said:

My first cavalier was a blue hatchback reg WHA 259x I often wonder where it is now. Or if it's even on the road still. Dvla hold no records of it.

I put the reg into the DVLA vehicle check - Tax ran out in October 1995 so highly likely to have been recycled. :(

• Sad 1

• SITE MODERATOR

The club has woken up.....nice poke Kelvin.

My first cavalier was my granddads commander special ed.  It was rotten and had to be scrapped in 1998.  I still remember the image of the scrap yard claw picking it up and then I removed the wheels....sad times.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

2 hours ago, Greg said:

The club has woken up.....nice poke Kelvin.

My first cavalier was my granddads commander special ed.  It was rotten and had to be scrapped in 1998.  I still remember the image of the scrap yard claw picking it up and then I removed the wheels....sad times.

I know what you mean , I can still remember the last time I saw my old cavalier driving away up the road after I sold it, I went back in the house and felt really sad and wanted it back ..

But not as bad as watching it being scrapped. . Think I would have cried at that....

• SITE MODERATOR

I already had bought my white LX by then so it was bitter sweet.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• CLUB ADMIN

What about first pranged / crashed MK2 with pics? I've not done it myself, but was passenger in reasonably gnarly one once. Was a parchment beige 1.6L cavalier hatch when I was about 20. Got a if of the bonnet which was 1ft long after the altercation with a granite wall and a Spinout.. well going through it.. have a pic somewhere!

9 hours ago, andy said:

What about first pranged / crashed MK2 with pics? I've not done it myself, but was passenger in reasonably gnarly one once. Was a parchment beige 1.6L cavalier hatch when I was about 20. Got a if of the bonnet which was 1ft long after the altercation with a granite wall and a Spinout.. well going through it.. have a pic somewhere!

I've had one run into while I was in my garden, thankfully the guy knocked on my door and admitted it, was a bit peeved ad I'd just got her through the mot and getting ready to go the body shop for respray, I didn't think it was that bad but the insurance wrote it off.

My first cavalier was a white 1:6 hatch with a red interior ,frj947y, which almost used more oil than petrol!. It had scirrocco wheels on it. My next was an Opel ascona q702jfj/htt218y  with over 300,00miles on it plus a bodykit I still haven't identified in henna red. I used a few bits from the first cav on the Opel. I then had a silver Opel ascona which was written off by a joy rider.

1 hour ago, jan the man said:

My first cavalier was a white 1:6 hatch with a red interior ,frj947y, which almost used more oil than petrol!. It had scirrocco wheels on it. My next was an Opel ascona q702jfj/htt218y  with over 300,00miles on it plus a bodykit I still haven't identified in henna red. I used a few bits from the first cav on the Opel. I then had a silver Opel ascona which was written off by a joy rider.

Joyriders ,, the surge of the roads, a nice set of cars you had.

My first cav was a white saloon on a d reg. Bought it of a neighbour for £70 as an mot failure. Called in a couple of favours and it was soon mot'd. Needed a few bits doing but mainly an exhaust. took it to my local tyre and exhaust place who despite having all the different versions in stock couldn't make an exhaust fit of the peg but did a cut and shut for me. Turned out to be a petrol car converted to diesel....and the vin tags on the slam panel were missing as well. Kept it a few months and sold it on.

16 minutes ago, chris m said:

My first cav was a white saloon on a d reg. Bought it of a neighbour for £70 as an mot failure. Called in a couple of favours and it was soon mot'd. Needed a few bits doing but mainly an exhaust. took it to my local tyre and exhaust place who despite having all the different versions in stock couldn't make an exhaust fit of the peg but did a cut and shut for me. Turned out to be a petrol car converted to diesel....and the vin tags on the slam panel were missing as well. Kept it a few months and sold it on.

Always great working on a car when you don't know what you need.

morning, here's my cav history,  my 1st was a 1300 4 door, in autumn gold. B660NLX, supplied new from Normand Heathrow to a whiskey distiller. I fitted most of the gl bits like  steering wheel, electric mirrors, rev counter, boot release and sri spoiler.... being 17!  lasted me just under a year, when I found no.2 for sale, E235FJU, 1.8 Li, another 4 door in Nordic blue. Supplied new by erringtons Evington on a 3year contract, car featured in the 92 stylistic graphics brouchure, something to do with petrolon who I believe marketed slick 50?  I fitted a rev counter, boot spoiler, golf mk2 steel 14" wheels with astra "f" si trims. Then, a year later an advert in the local rag led me to no. 3, my calibre F68LUT which obviously is a 4 door too, (pattern emerging here) this was supplied new from Batchelor Bowles Leicester, to a wood yard in mkt harbourough.  I also bought an E reg 1.6 l to use for a week while my vectras gearbox was being repaired, gave 15 quid for it, with tax and mot!! also bought a D reg hatch, just for the heater motor, I say bought, actually was the cost of a weatherspoons burger, a bargain.  these 2 were moved on and used for spares, FJU was parked up for 3-4 years outside a terraced house in Aylestone, presumed scrapped, NLX was stolen in 1994 and abandoned on a park in Leicester, so the nice police man told me  at 6am one sunday! and so far, LUT survives.........

3 hours ago, vxcalibre said:

morning, here's my cav history,  my 1st was a 1300 4 door, in autumn gold. B660NLX, supplied new from Normand Heathrow to a whiskey distiller. I fitted most of the gl bits like  steering wheel, electric mirrors, rev counter, boot release and sri spoiler.... being 17!  lasted me just under a year, when I found no.2 for sale, E235FJU, 1.8 Li, another 4 door in Nordic blue. Supplied new by erringtons Evington on a 3year contract, car featured in the 92 stylistic graphics brouchure, something to do with petrolon who I believe marketed slick 50?  I fitted a rev counter, boot spoiler, golf mk2 steel 14" wheels with astra "f" si trims. Then, a year later an advert in the local rag led me to no. 3, my calibre F68LUT which obviously is a 4 door too, (pattern emerging here) this was supplied new from Batchelor Bowles Leicester, to a wood yard in mkt harbourough.  I also bought an E reg 1.6 l to use for a week while my vectras gearbox was being repaired, gave 15 quid for it, with tax and mot!! also bought a D reg hatch, just for the heater motor, I say bought, actually was the cost of a weatherspoons burger, a bargain.  these 2 were moved on and used for spares, FJU was parked up for 3-4 years outside a terraced house in Aylestone, presumed scrapped, NLX was stolen in 1994 and abandoned on a park in Leicester, so the nice police man told me  at 6am one sunday! and so far, LUT survives.........

You gotta love the police in Leicester,  they knocked me up onemorning to inform me that my neighbour had got lost.......

Other than that they're totally usless. 

But your cav history is great,  are you local to leics I may have seen them knocking about.

5 hours ago, Kelvin berry said:

You gotta love the police in Leicester,  they knocked me up onemorning to inform me that my neighbour had got lost.......

Other than that they're totally usless. 

But your cav history is great,  are you local to leics I may have seen them knocking about.

the Leicester police, useless would be an improvement!   I'm south of the city, Cavs been locked away since 2010 but spent many years terrorising the tarmac in wigston, the 1st owner was in Medbourne, and 2nd in Anstey. 

1 hour ago, vxcalibre said:

the Leicester police, useless would be an improvement!   I'm south of the city, Cavs been locked away since 2010 but spent many years terrorising the tarmac in wigston, the 1st owner was in Medbourne, and 2nd in Anstey. 

Not a million miles from me mate I'm only just off j2 off the 69...