Hello

Rusty

Hi , greetings all . I joined recently as I bought a project 1982 opel ascona 1.6d saloon and have found the site good and helpful and have even bought a good bonnet from a member here . My car has no history ,about 5 owners on the book , mileage that could ve gone round the clock more than once , rust holes all over it , and sounds like a massey ferguson but I love it . I had a '89 astra bought but when this came up for sale I jumped at it . I will put up pics soon  

Nice one do u have pics of your one , be interested as well in photo of the engine layout mine has a presumably non standard coolant pipe set up , one return pipe has a t piece in it that joins up 2 others , and one connection on expansion tank is blanked off  ,no idea why . I will get a couple pics later

Love it mate. I'll get some pics of mine this weekend for you.  The diesels are slow and unrefined but i can't help but like it. My mate Jase who i bought it off said the same...you really shouldnt like this but somehow you will. He was right. Its slow , it rattles, it smokes bit you know what? Its honest about what it is....and thats what i love.

• SITE MODERATOR

Good luck rusty....that needs a bit of TLC, but with time you'll get there.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR
21 hours ago, Rusty said:

Cheers greg , I like ur lx thread nicely done 

Thanks.....its taken some time (and still is).  Getting married, having 2 kids, moving twice and running a business seems to eat up the spare time.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)