85 Cavalier SRi
3 3

40 posts in this topic

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:05, Ian Whorlow said:

Yes, just did it this morning but if i click on Owners Club i do not seem to be able to see anything??

I flagged it to Andy yesterday

Hi,if i use that link i get:

2017-11-02.thumb.png.90434bbf552a1bccbd3abb2ec0110e78.png

but i have already taken out membership. If however i now click on "Owners Club" i dont seem to find any information in any of the sub headings. For example should i be able to see anything under "Merchandise".

Thought i would make list of parts already replaced to see what the cost was so far, not as bad as i thought although if i added man hours it would look a lot worse :D and the "to do " list is now getting much smaller but i expect might be added to:rolleyes:.  I see light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully when the summer comes round again will be back on the road. Difficult decision will then come as to whether to keep or sell:unsure:IMG_0460.thumb.JPG.fb609bd0c637f6f2172c6aa54475bfa5.JPG

Get it all done, drive it for a few months and see how you feel, if the enjoyment isn't there then you know it's the time to sell 

• Like 1

add brake drums to the list , badly scored:rolleyes: but at least the sun is shining:)IMG_0461.thumb.JPG.a42c8320a548e2084cd34ab9c5472a4b.JPG

Edited by Ian Whorlow

Nooooooooooooooooooooooh.:o   I know its not a Vauxhall but it is a very nice drive:D

Just come in from the garage having fitted a complete new exhaust so one more job ticked off.  Few grazed knuckles in the process. Only issue was with the new gasket that sits between the down pipe and start of the middle section. The old one had pretty much dissapeared completely and the new one seems too thick which meant having to try and compress the springs whilst trying to thread the bolts at the same time, not easy whilst you are laying on your back.:(

Feeling a bit nervous right now, big day ahead tomorrow will be starting (or attempting to ) the engine tomorrow. First time for over 10 years,wish me luck. Any advice would be welcome.

The best bit about a Vauxhall is the engine.....these normally fire up even when stood.  Not sure if someone will say to lubricate the bores through the spark plug hole and turn it over by hand to get it all slippery before starting.  Not sure if its really required.

Thanks for the reply. Although the car has been stood for a long time i have been working on it on and off for a year or two and the engine has been turned over regularly with fresh oil in it now so fingers crossed hoping all will be ok but will take your tip.  Was not sure whether the injectors might be a bit clogged up at all and whether some additive in the petrol would be advisable?  Petrol was drained completely some years ago now but i have just flushed a bit through the tank , pump/filter and surprised how clean it came through. Start up may have to be put off till tomorrow as i am busy with work.  Im also gusessing it may take a fair bit of turning over to get the fuel through so battery is on charge:)

• Like 1

If the tank has been left empty for long periods rust can form on the inside.  The vapour from the fuel (albeit stale) will stop this as it stops all leaking in to provide the water to get the rust going.  I have this concern on the white LX.

Edited by Greg

On 31/10/2017 at 12:44, Ian Whorlow said:

Please forgive me for i have sinned:D

Everyone deserves a second chance Ian but don' do it again..lol.