Best way to sell a Cavalier

Turbostar

Hello

I'm new to the forum - name is Andy.  I have a Mk 2 Cavalier L saloon sat in my garage that hasn't done anything for a few years and am looking for the best route to sell the old girl.

It was my first car & it was a runner when I drove it into the garage back in the latter part of 2000, but it hasn't moved since. My initial idea was to lay it up for a short time, but other events meant I neither had the time, or the resource to do anything with the car.  I'm now faced with the need to offload the car if at all possible & I think the right person could do it up & make it a runner again.

It would need a bit of work to get it roadworthy again.  New tyres, a new battery & quite probably a lot of TLC!  It has been garaged for the last 17 years and appears to be in reasonable condition.

Hopefully, I've come to the right place for advice.

Cheers

Andy

Hopefully you have and its great that you have chosen to come to an owners club to ensure the best route for the cars future. In fairness there is more traffic on the facebook side of the site but there are also more idiots and non enthusiasts on there too putting it at risk of someone wanting it to break fir parts for profit or worst still ending up on the banger track. Some pictures would be most helpful along with an idea of price and location too. Bear in mind that a few weeks before xmas may not be the best time. Very good luck and i look forward to seeing some pictures.

Thanks for the reply.

Some pictures taken earlier today; 

The car is parked right at the front of the garage, so I can't take a photo of the front of the car.

I live in Chester & would be looking for around £750 for a quick sale. Appreciate it's not the best time of year, but I suppose if someone wanted a unique present...:rolleyes:

IMG_0543.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

• SITE MODERATOR

Hello Andy, I love the fact that these cars are still about.  Thanks for bringing it to the club first.  Is it a 1600cc?  Manual or auto?

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

It's a 1600cc petrol engine, converted to run on unleaded petrol. Manual gearbox and no power steering-something you take for granted these days. 

Its probably done around 170,000 miles, and it's ventured as far as the top of Scotland, and even over to the continent on one occasion. 

It was bought new by my father (who worked for Vauxhall) and I bought it off him when he got a newer car (Astra). 

• SITE MODERATOR

Love it......a well used (and well loved) specimen.

Have you thought about keeping it and getting it back to its former glory or is there something else ready to fill up the garage?

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

I had intended to put the car back on the road, but family issues took over & I didn't have the time, or the money to do anything for many years.

As things stand, I'm selling the house (and garage) in which the car is sat, and don't have anywhere to store it where I'm moving to.

I don't really want to see it go for scrap if I can avoid it, hence my bringing it to the attention of the forum.  I'd rather it went to someone who could maybe restore it & get a few more miles out of it.  

Fingers crossed someone will be interested in the next few weeks.

Regards

Hi

The old girl doesn't look you far gone, i would be interested in seeing some more photos of the car and ask some questions, certainly don' want to see it go to scrap can you send me a message on here with your telephone number and we can maybe talk further ? 

Cheers....... Tony