MK2CAV.COM
GreyDJ2

VBOA 2018 sign up thread NOW LIVE

This is the gathering information on who is coming thread.

As in previous years please do not amend the initial master summary post.

Please add your own post with the information requested and a Mod will add it to the master list before deleting it.

Again, do not put chat here as it will be deleted. Put it in the chat thread.

VBOA want to know

1. How many vehicles on the stand by day.  We want to know how many are Mk2 Cavaliers and how many others.

2. How many tents and their approx size e.g. 2, 3 , 4 person etc

3. Any caravans/motorhomes/trailers if any, as space is very limited.

So, when you say you are coming please state

- name (handle and real), what car, which day(s)

- if overnight your tent size, motorhome

Thanks

Edited by GreyDJ2

MOD ONLY TO POST IN THIS POST PLEASE

Attending Details (Handle, Name, Car, tent size)

Thursday

Keir and Steffi,,Nodes. tent

Friday

GreyDJ2, John Waddell, CDi, no tent

Newbody, Jason and Gigsy Lou,  Zafira again, big tent

Vauxal, Alan, Calibre, Astra mk1, 4 man tent.

Mikmac40, Mike, Calibre (hopefully), 3 man tent.

EjBj, Ethan and wife, dodgy astra, 4 man tent

Garf, Gareth Hollis plus wife & 2 kids, Cav, 4 man tent

Hilux V8, Ian Rose, Mk2 Cav; 2/3 man tent.

Daz,, Champers, 4 man tent

Rich,, Silvia the GLSi?, 4 man tent

Chris M,, no Cav, small tent

Andy K, Orwin GL, 2/3 person tent

Saturday

GreyDJ2, John Waddell, CDi, no tent

Newbody, Jason and Gigsy Lou, Zafira again, big tent

Mikmac40, Mike, Calibre (hopefully), 3 man tent.

RetroTony87, Tony, Mk2 Cav, no tent

EjBj, Ethan and wife, dodgy Astra, 4 man tent

Munch, Steve, Cavalier Convertible, no tent

TomK, Tom, Convertible

Biz,, 50Shades, no tent

energy, robert macdonald, Cavalier saloon

Sunday

Newbody, Jason and Gigsy Lou, Zafira again, big tent

Mikmac40, Mike, Calibre (hopefully),  3 man tent.

EjBj, Ethan and wife, dodgy Astra,4 man tent

Rabbit, John, 130 Estate

gaz3317,,  black turbo, no tent

energy, robert macdonald, Cavalier saloon

perky & Alan,  lxi saloon white, no tent

Edited by GreyDJ2

Tom, there will be plenty of room this year, the stand is much larger.

Running past our stand is the 'ringroad' on the other side of it will be space for us to park non Mk2s if we need to.

On 01/07/2018 at 10:33, retrotony87 said:

Going Saturday, can't wait. Convoy???

Wrong thread for this post Tony. Needs to be in the chat thread. Moving it is above my pay grade!

Paul - Hopefully now moved to the right thread!

THANKS PAUL

Edited by GreyDJ2

I’ll be there either Friday evening Saturday morning not sure which yet 

energy

robert macdonald

mk2 cavalier saloon showing saturday and sunday please (wph53y)

Welcome to the Club. ADDED

Edited by GreyDJ2
  • Like 1

Guest perky

signed up yesterday for the three years not showing on my profile though,had email to say joined and a message from Andy to put my name down for vboa. will be there sunday

ADDED perky & Alan,  lxi saloon white, no tent

Edited by perky

Brilliant, I'm just the VBOA man around here. Look forward to seeing you Sunday. John

Guest perky
2 minutes ago, GreyDJ2 said:

Brilliant, I'm just the VBOA man around here. Look forward to seeing you Sunday. John

Thanks john, who do i need to speak to to sort my profile out as its also showing wrong email address and wont let me change it saying  a user already has that email, same when i try linking facebook.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Looking good. You can never have enough protection on the underneath. As the last task before it gets turned back get wax into all the cavities, drill holes into those that don't already have them with plastic plugs to seal them again. If you are putting power steering in don't forget to reinforce that area
    • Painted and covered with stone protection. Im going to add another layer of paint on top of it, that is when im done sanding the inside of the car, and painted that with primers. 
    • agreed those wheels do look poor without the centre caps on.
    • Just a very quick update - am having starting issues, which I think is ignition switch related, rather than a goosed starter or solenoid, as both seemed to work OK when removed, cleaned and re-tested. Anyway, I'm really busy with work at the moment and spending more time away from home than usual but hopefully I'll manage to get the issue sorted before it's 2019!   The reason I've posted up again is because there's been a rather significant cosmetic improvement:   Before     After!   I must admit, a set of SRi wheels without the centre caps is possibly one of the worst looking things in my opinion, so I was very glad that some very kind soul on here PM'd me with an offer of posting out a set of five to me! They weren't even interested in actual payment, either, rather just postage costs covering and a donation to an organisation close to their heart. I won't reveal the kind member, as I'd hate for them to be inundated with requests of free stuff from others! All joking aside, I never discussed whether I would or wouldn't give their name, hence the decision. I've got to say though, it's overwhelming the amount of support I've had from members on here in such a short amount of time. I'll be sure to keep you posted on progress in return but like I say, it may take a while. Anyway, there's been plenty of other Cavalier bits winging their way over from the UK in the past couple of months, so I can't wait to get stuck in. And I didn't just receive the centre caps from the generous donator but more of the other item some other time!
    • why do you think i bought the estate i couldn't fit my cave in the hatch
    • I know you lot down Haverfordwest are a bit backward but tents are cheap enough and taking a cave to sleep in seems a bit old fashioned 😂
    • The way the VBOA have handled this has been appalling. Newbody you're not alone in your feeling. I will say that neither options for billing were suitable for various reasons and to be fair the new venue looks good.
    • The chairman of Vboa isn't relayed to Billy Smart is he ???   Because this reminds me of a 3 ringed circus 🤣🤣🤣
    • Plot twist this has more drama then some TV soaps!!!   
    • The first I knew was an email at 21.40 that I read half an hour ago. Sounds as if it could have some potential from an initial read. This is it. Good Evening,   For the purpose of clarification, when the term “we” is used, it is to refer to the VBOA committee of the Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary and the Event organisation sub-committee. Please read this all the way to the end as there is quite a lot to digest.   Voting on the Billing Options The voting and feedback from the two Billing options has been received and of those clubs who responded there is an even split between Option 1 and Option 2, with further feedback from some that neither is tenable resulting in a desire to not show at all.   Outcome of the feedback/vote With the results in mind, and taking into account the feedback received from individuals both on social media and direct to this email address, we have deemed it vital to seek out an alternative venue that carries neutral allegiance. To some, this will be viewed as a non-democratic decision, but we feel that attending either Billing or Market Harborough would damage the VBOA and its associated clubs in such a way that recovery would be very difficult. The venue that we have visited, discussed with the management and decided upon is Sywell Aerodrome (http://sywellaerodrome.co.uk/, Hall Farm, Sywell, Northamptonshire, NN6 0BN). This venue has held several automotive events each year, with a prime example being the Sywell classic also known as props and pistons which would be the closest representation to the VBOA National Rally.   Goal of the VBOA Show The prime goal for this is to take all the good from Billing and Market Harborough and improve on the not so good (toilets being the most obvious one). We also want to try and bring the general public/car fanatics in, so an element of rebranding will be carried out to step on from the term rally implying a motorsport event to a motor show. The identity of the VBOA National Rally shall not be lost, merely built upon to take it to a new level   Venue/Show concept We are looking to hire the venue exclusively for our use for the 5th-7th July 2019, where we will use at least two of the hangers (one is a bar/band area and carpeted), and the other can be for the auto jumble/trade stands so as to protect from any inclement weather. We also intend to make use of the concrete pan for the arena/food vendors akin to previous years which seemed to achieve the festival vibe that has been mentioned. Furthermore we intend to make use of the taxi way to have a 0-60/drag activity, this could also be a part of the parade lap should the desire be there.   The attached maps are a high level first pass at how the show could be laid out and given the space available, you would get the same stand sizes and setup (camping on stands) you have enjoyed in previous years. The only exception to this may be that if electric hook-ups are needed for things like caravans, then this would be in a single location with a limited number of pitches available. The space available for the show between the Arena and the far fence, to the North East, (or even the little roadway in from the entrance) is comparable to the area we had at Market Harborough. We do not have a layout for stands as yet but this will be high on the list of things to do and this will come out in time. Also attached is an image from the LAA show there which is focussed on aircraft, but it shows an aerial shot of just what is possible there. As this is an Aerodrome and not a purpose built camp/leisure facility, we will need to supply a myriad of things such as toilets/showers/PR/food vendors/entertainment/security and so on, if YOU or YOUR members can assist in the supply of this or anything else then please come forwards, this show will only be as good as we can all make it so the more involvement the merrier.   Hotel We understand that many of you and your members have already booked rooms at the hotel at Billing. Billing is approx. 10 Minutes away from Sywell, and we would look to put on a bus service of some sort for the weekend if the demand is high enough. Sywell have a 59 Room hotel on site, they have fixed their prices at £79/Night with breakfast at £8.50/Person. As they only have 59 Rooms, we suggest you book sooner rather than later, also do this direct with them and NOT Booking.com (http://www.aviatorhotel.co.uk/contact.php or 01604 642111)   Entry costs Now, the costs (some of these will be subject to change) Day entry for VBOA members (1 car + 4 people) will be no more than £10/day and working on a weekend entry pass too. Day Entry for General Public (1 car + 4 people) £15/Day Camping would be sold as a Friday-Monday (1 car + 4 people) at approx. £45 Additional car costs will be considered and information will be released but will be favourable. We are looking at options of early bird pricing and also giving 1 weekend camping pass per club as we used to have at Billing. This booking process would be using a dedicated booking agent that links directly to the VBOA.   Support As has been mentioned, there is and will be quite a lot to do to make any show at any venue work, even if we were back at a purpose built site for this type of thing, so we need your help. Helping does not mean you or your members are stuck with a job/task for life, it means that you have helped to make the show as good as can be. I have seen a sign in my local rugby club that says “before you complain, have you volunteered to help?”, I think this is a very valid and wholesome approach to anything like this.   There is of course much more to plan, prepare and do prior to the show and this is only the start of all the information that will come out, but it is everything we know at this present time.   Kind Regards   Stuart Lindborg Vice Chairman – On behalf of the VBOA Committee and Event Sub-Committee.  
  • Blog Entries