MK2CAV.COM
rob 18

Newby saying hello

Hi all finally got myself a Mk 2 cavalier its not standard it has the calibre bodykit  it needs some love and attention but still looks the part 

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

• Like 1

Hi well I hope to use it everyday once I've done a bit of welding on rear chassis and fixed the fuel leak needs a real good going over .It is testes till next year but I'd rather sort it out first before using it .Need some bits for it that are missing ie interior light and a rear parcel shelf I guess its going to be a long project but I'll get there 

Paul the rust is on the rear chassis and front screen pillars at the very bottom and various bubbles here and there .Greydj2

I'm in Leeds west Yorkshire 

As Paul says interesting project. Hopefully the chassis rust isn't on the rear legs!

What's the plans for it style-wise?

Style wise keep it as it is and the rear chassis has already been done near the rear springs it needs both box sections welding right on the end doesn't look too bad apart from that 😊 

Hello Rob, welcome to the site.  Is it a 1.3?  I only ask as I remember seeing a red one fully kitted up on ebay over the years.

I see, not the one I have seen then.  You have one of the rarest models (LX / LXi) and the best ;¬)

On 04/08/2018 at 10:19, Greg said:

Hello Rob, welcome to the site.  Is it a 1.3?  I only ask as I remember seeing a red one fully kitted up on ebay over the years.

the one with all the wooden trim inside Greg?

On 06/08/2018 at 12:28, Paul said:

the one with all the wooden trim inside Greg?

Maybe.....was a while ago, it was red with a full kit on it.  Maybe it had more kit than this one.