My 1985 red sri

Jason

Hello I'm jason,I have joined the club after about 5 years but the old girl has mot again, I have had a few issues mainly fuel related ,my own fault really as should not have left her so long .does anyone out there have an early fuel tank? I can only find 1 on internet and it's £400 she is back off the road again unroll I can source one 

• SITE MODERATOR

Welcome back Jason,

These guys on ebay seem pretty good.  I had a chassis leg off them yrs ago.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PETROL-FUEL-TANK-OPEL-VAUXHALL-CAVALIER-MK-2-1-6-2-0-MK-3-1-6-2-0-/380997938639

I am not sure if this is your tank but they should have one.  How many holes has it got?

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

Hello and thanks , I have messaged them with reg but they said there records don't go back that far , my problem is I have the five hoped sender in the side and the return pipe what I'd call in the front . All the others seem to have maybe the 5 holes but the big hole in the front so struggling a bit, Many thanks for your suggestion any help welcome 

• 10 months later...

Hello ,it's been a while ! A year on and new m.o.t ,done head gasket ,new valves while I was at it ,water pump rear brake cylinders and shoes and many other things . I am thinking of maybe selling her as really not using her but not sure . What is she roughly worth as not at all sure and could not be bothered to eBay her as I'd rather keep her.just people's thoughts really

• 5 weeks later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

Hello Jason, good job..….don't sell if you don't need to.  These are creeping up in value so if you want one back it will cost.  That said, if you cannot use or store it well, then it will cost to keep it as well.  So no help sorry...…...keep it ;¬)

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)