VBOA 2019 BILLING 6/7 July chat thread

GreyDJ2

• CLUB REP

Hi Darren, at least there was a couple of Cavs in your list :) Can see you are another Vauxhall nutter!

Can understand the name issue, I had to change to a new one on our big upgrade as mine went down the plughole of life. Hence the 2 at the end.

I suspect that VBOA are trying to regain control, I have heard nothing on the official reps email list since Sunday night. No doubt your rep is confused as well but I suspect someone is playing politics. There are VBOA voted on resolutions in place that have to be adhered to.

1 minute ago, GreyDJ2 said:

Hi Darren, at least there was a couple of Cavs in your list :) Can see you are another Vauxhall nutter!

Can understand the name issue, I had to change to a new one on our big upgrade as mine went down the plughole of life. Hence the 2 at the end.

I suspect that VBOA are trying to regain control, I have heard nothing on the official reps email list since Sunday night. No doubt your rep is confused as well but I suspect someone is playing politics. There are VBOA voted on resolutions in place that have to be adhered to.

yeah, hes been playing email tennis with shaun B which keeps the updates live. its clear from most clubs there are some extremely passionate views and i think vboa board are probably getting buried in an avalanche right now.  i personally think both options are out of the question, like jaw dropping.

12 hours ago, Frisco said:

What is the general feeling over on astramk2? 

My all accounts it wasn't a close race between Billing and MH 

no it wasn't close.  34 clubs, 24 votes, 16 billing, 7MH, 1 abstain.   although i worry that people voted for the idea of returning to billing, rather than the realities of returning to billing.  possibly there was some peer pressure? (quote page 1 "went with majority")   have to add i prefered MH, but thats personal preference, i have no problem with the rally being at billing (other than the historical issues vboa have had at the hands of billing relaly annoy me, being gazumped did not start in 2016) but i do have  every problem with the conditions of returning to billing.

theres a poll running in members area of mk2astra, by members, and there are currently no votes for billing option1 or 2.  this worries me, allot, because we all need each other.

• CLUB REP

Interestingly it was the newer, perhaps more confident clubs that were heavily for the second. It certainly needs a rethink in club strategy.

Frankly if I was voting on the basis of what I knew being that email I am not surprised.

An answer to their questions and a more balanced view of the options is in the works at VBOA. I think Cavalier and Chevette already have it so it will be interesting to see how they circulate it.

Are you allowed to tell us what lmf said that was so bad? I enjoyed MH , and couldnt really see what is so much better about billing other than say showers etc which are more permanent. The site needs investment thats true, but im nervous about billing pulling the same trick again. Was there any feedback from other clubs on their issues with MH?

i can see the benefits of billing, its just like facebook, its a destination site regardless of car stuff going on.  you coud say billing is great for people who have to go to a car show that don't like car shows. 😀

MH felt more close knit,  like a festival.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2018 at 18:32, DarrenH said:

i can see the benefits of billing, its just like facebook, its a destination site regardless of car stuff going on.  you coud say billing is great for people who have to go to a car show that don't like car shows. 😀

MH felt more close knit,  like a festival.

I felt the same this year the evening entertainment was awesome and like you said a festival vibe about it a brilliant focal point to get people together and not segregated