Billing Options

Frisco

Billing options  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preferred choice?

• Option 1 - Booking as per before but with show and camping areas separate.
    • Option 2 - Show run basically the same as before but with pre-booking via the club in advance.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/18 at 23:59

ONLY THE VOTES OF CLUB MEMBERS WILL BE COUNTED

OPTION 1 Billing run administration

This is administratively similar to the 'old' way of running things. Booking through Billing with pricing much as before. Gate control and security by Billing.

However that is where the similarity stops as operationally it is quite different in that there will be a vehicle only 'show' area, effectively the central block of the site with Mk2Cav old area top right. This will be divided up as now by VBOA into club areas where our cars will be during the day. This is about 21 acres.

Camping will be in the surrounding blocks which have been divided up by Billing into pitches, with and without electricity. Unless left there overnight, cars will need to be moved into the show area each morning. The Autojumble will be in the same place as before and selling from a car boot on a stand will not be allowed. This could be a very different show experience to that which we have been used to.

If this option is selected, VBOA will, as soon as possible, notify clubs which pitch numbers are closest to their area so that members can purchase those pitches. Bear in mind that there may be unrelated members of the public nearby or even potentially in the area so early booking is vital to maintain a club's contiguous area. Definitely advisable to book by the end of the year.

OPTION 2 VBOA and Club run administration

In exchange for an advance payment by VBOA, funded by its member clubs,  Billing will rent the exclusive use of the whole of the central block plus surrounding camping areas which we can use the totality of as a car/camping area. This is about 27 acres as against our approx 29 acres at Market Harborough'.

The rental period is Friday to Monday inclusive to VBOA for £35,000, paid in 4 instalments by the start of April. On top of that there will be some VBOA admin costs plus potential extra event costs like funding of gate control and some security so say £40,000 in round numbers. Then, dividing that total by the total number of spaces requested by the clubs the VBOA gets a price per space to allocate back to the clubs as per their request. That will then be the amount that the clubs will HAVE to pay VBOA on very tight advance schedule. As the first payment is due on signing the agreement, giving the clubs virtually no chance to collect their contributions, VBOA will lend out of its reserves that first payment recovering it from the clubs.

This is a huge change as it imposes financial risks and a new workload on both VBOA and clubs. Once we have committed to the space we will be on the hook for the money and we will have to chip in with some volunteer support , both should be interesting! There is however the potential for cost savings since we will be effectively getting the wholesale price for our area and we will have flexibility as to how we recover that cost.

My estimate is that the raw VBOA space cost to a club will be around £40/50 per car/tent for the 4 days. We will then need to add our costs and work out how to spread the total over campers and day visitors. Due to this, whilst there will be probably be a VBOA RRP, it is likely that clubs will have different price lists for their members. However, whichever way you look at it it should be cheaper than Option 1. We have to work on the basis of paying 50% by end December, 40% end January and 10% end March. As before you have to be a member to be on our stand and to gain our pricing.

What would Gordon do?

On 31/10/2018 at 10:37, GreyDJ2 said:

Anyone else going to vote?

Sorry John I can't vote as I can't commit months in advance as for the last 12years I've attended I've book weeks or days before the show 

• Like 1

]

• CLUB REP
4 hours ago, KEIR24 said:

Sorry John I can't vote as I can't commit months in advance as for the last 12years I've attended I've book weeks or days before the show 

That doesn't stop you voting.

If Option 2 is agreed there are possibly ways that the Club can overcome your situation. We'll see what happens.

43 minutes ago, GreyDJ2 said:

That doesn't stop you voting.

If Option 2 is agreed there are possibly ways that the Club can overcome your situation. We'll see what happens.

To be fair John would of been nice to have a vote as to where the show would be held and we as paid club members would of had are say 

So it's highly unlikely I will be attending billing 

And I feel I'm not in any position to make a vote 

]

• CLUB REP

Thanks Paul, that was news to me. I doubt many of the VBOA reps are on their Facebook page.

Chairman of VBOA's comment on that thread.

Shaun Broadbent On behalf of the vboa I would like to say thanks to Steve and Mick for considering this option. There are a lot of rumours flying around and also quite a lot of slanderous remarks. We have a vote closing on the 4th and if the results of that vote are not a clear divide. Then we will be looking at other options.

Shaun Broadbent Jon Baggaley billing was voted for. This news today has come from Lmf out of the blue. Pretty much in the same way that they found out the reps had voted for billing. all I have said is that if we have a hung vote with no majority we will explore other avenues
Edited by GreyDJ2

On 31/10/2018 at 10:37, GreyDJ2 said:

Anyone else going to vote?

I don't think either option is any good that's why I haven't voted this is nothing to do with venue. 

Option one people want to camp next to there cars and people don't want the hassle of moving them all the time.. 

Option two I feel has some financial risks for clubs and some clubs are even smaller then ours. I do know of two clubs that are talking about is it worth actually being part of the vboa and if both clubs did pulled out that would pit the prices up for others surely 

• CLUB REP

Probably about the same. You didn't answer my question.

On the basis that you might be asking the wrong question, the revenue VBOA received either way was around £3500. Part of the original move to MH was that LMF were to match plus a little bit the Billing revenue. Fixed amount from MH, variable Billing.