Sri130 saloon

Dazbo

Hi guys I joined the site a while ago but just getting going now , after a long search Iv finally found a sri130 saloon and fulfilled a life long ambition, she’s rough but complete and I will require a bit of help along the way to get her to where I want ps I’m based in Scotland 

C7716B77-9885-4B3E-B5BC-1A6A3E21ABE5.jpeg

C0FC997F-D58F-4C4F-B433-D8B69F2E8D13.jpeg

1 hour ago, neilsri130 said:

Ah same model and colour as my 130, i just love Carmine red 130 saloons. Don,t know how many carmine red saloons are left. Have you got much paperwork with it? From the photos it does not look to bad at all. Whats it like mechanically and trim wise?

That’s the best two pics 😀 it’s mechanically good and everything is there to make it right , will defo need to source panels as there’s a fair bit of rot 

There is a genuine gm rear wing on ebay at the moment for £175, think they are quite a bit more from suppliers if you can find one. There is also a dealer on ebay selling pricey nos gm panels and i would imagine that repair sections are available. There are loads of guys on here that have done repairs to bodywork so advice will be available,  including a current major restoration which will provide very valuable information on restoration etc. 

I bought mine in 1994 and spent a week plus cleaning checking and waxoyling  everything removing everything including suspension ( this i still do every few years ) so body wise apart from a new rear wing in 1994 thanks to white van man, a complete external professional repaint last year and the usual small hole in drivers footwell thanks to me not realising the section was tripple skinned would be boring to anyone enjoying a project.

• 11 months later...