cavalier CDi mk2 newish member

dips130

Hi there people, my names Dips from the west midlands, been a member for a few months now since becoming the proud owner of a mk2 cavalier CDi 1988. never been welded etc and overall well looked after. been on this site a few times and just want to thank all the guys for their info and help so far! i am trying to upload some pics without any success, so any advice how to would be much appreciated!

A very nice looking car,what happened to the badges on the rear?

Properly removed, you can just see the shadow where the CD was.

Originally a Scottish car from the reg.

Very nice looking car, where did you find it? Is it manual or auto? For general valuation purposes would you say how much it was?

• CLUB ADMIN

Looks really clean! Interesting to hear more background on this one.

I know it's widely accepted, but I think the grey unpainted griffins look more at home on the facelift cars these days than the red ones. Although it was a bit cheap of Vauxhall to do them in alloy alone back then! At least painting them yourself they didnt fade like the early grilles red paint did. It certainly stands out though, and would love to see one painted up in high shine Silver of some kind!

Hi Guys, Cheers for all the comments, will post pics of the interior soon! The car was first registered 11/04/1988, original number plate was E948 WEP. I bought it from a chap in Stoke on Trent and it does have 4 previous owners. The car is a manual and is just coming up to 70,000 miles, with previous mots to verify this. The car itself is solid and has been waxoiled in all the common rust points, (underneath, door hinges, strut tops under the bonnet etc). I was actually amazed by how solid the underneath was - next time its on the ramps i will take some pics.

The badges were stolen from where i live in the ghetto! however i have managed to source a Cavalier badge courtesy of Tahir on this site and just looking for a Vauxhall badge. I also managed to find some proper chrome aluminium CD badges from an Areg cavalier my dad used to own so will be replacing the current faded plastic ones on the wings!

Hi Guys, Cheers for all the comments, will post pics of the interior soon! The car was first registered 11/04/1988, original number plate was E948 WEP. I bought it from a chap in Stoke on Trent and it does have 4 previous owners. The car is a manual and is just coming up to 70,000 miles, with previous mots to verify this. The car itself is solid and has been waxoiled in all the common rust points, (underneath, door hinges, strut tops under the bonnet etc). I was actually amazed by how solid the underneath was - next time its on the ramps i will take some pics.

The badges were stolen from where i live in the ghetto! however i have managed to source a Cavalier badge courtesy of Tahir on this site and just looking for a Vauxhall badge. I also managed to find some proper chrome aluminium CD badges from an Areg cavalier my dad used to own so will be replacing the current faded plastic ones on the wings!

I have seen the CD emblem that sits on the tailgate on ebay from time to time so give them a try.

Does that mean you are badging it like an early CD rather than the late one with the bigger CD badges?