My New Cabby

storming72

I am now the new owner of E276 EAN (white cabby on ebay) and will be collecting her in the first week of July.

This car is in really good nick with no rot at all and would not take a lot of effort to bring back to mint condition.

As soon as I get her back home I will posting a few pics up and now I will be able to come to events with a MK2CAV ;D

Sadly though I have decided to throw in the towel on the red cabby as my sprayer has taken a year to bring her up to spec!!!! (Long story,Originally told 4weeks to complete!!! >:() and I have to say the car is in peices and is still rotten >:(

But she will live on as spares keeping my white cabby on the road.

Yes cant wait to get back home,wont take much to make mint,only 3 places on body work that need attention :D ; ;

But in the mean time a good clean and polish inside and out will do at the mo and will be ready for the shows!!!

At some point will be stripping whats left of my old cabby (wont take to long,only engine,gearbox,bonnet,both front wings,doors and dashboard  left to strip)and i need  to have a conversation with my sprayer to tell him Im pulling the plug on this project.

Between january and june this year he ha only welded on one wheel arch and n/s sill!!! at this rate my cabby may have been ready for 2025!!! >:( 

• 4 weeks later...

Check for any air leaks and clean out all the throttle body etc. for a starter.

Thanks mark

Had a good look over the engine bay last night and the air filter hose for starters will need replacing and the fuel filter looks as if it hasnt been changed for ages as well as the coolant which is a nice shade of mud brown!!! :-[

I know the car has done roughly a thousand miles in 2 yrs,It is in really good condition and once I do a bit of TLC on it I will be on to a winner ;D

All what I mentioned are cost free things you can do :)

If its the big rubber inlet hose, there is a quick fix to get you by. Its a bit of a bodge however.

If you want to start throwing money at it then there are lots of things you can do.

Check for a bad earth on the fuel sender and run a seperate earth to it if you need.

[img width=180 height=135]http://www.monzaclube.com/wallp/wp_04.jpg

• 3 weeks later...