Morning all

redexstyle

Hi guys

I've recently purchased a 1982 Cavalier 1.6 GL which I'll be picking up in a week. It's a 1 owner and has 22k on the clock. Needs some slight paintwork tidy up but it's not been welded and the arches and sills look mint.

Always wanted one since my dad had a 1986 Cavalier SRi hatch in black. Still even remember the registration C704 HOP.

Although it no longer exists as after he sold it in 1994, it was stolen and burnt out.

This is my current daily driver and the Cavalier will be a keep tidy project.

image1_zpssa3dfeqk.jpeg

image2_zpsnb8mktoe.jpeg

Don't worry. I won't be subjecting the Cavalier to this much abuse :P

Looking forward to joining retro ownership.

Edited by RedeXStylE

• SITE MODERATOR

Welcome....get your pictures up of the GL please

No pics mean its not real  ;)

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

My late granddad had a similar car but 1.3 version.  Looks very tidy.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

On 15 November 2015 09:04:22, andy said:

Symon - I'd say designed in 1977 and terracotta velour makes a cav fully retro by now!:D

AHH Andy I agree with your sentiment , however retro is something fashioned to look older or of a particular time ...while indeed looking fully retro , especially with the dark maroon paintwork......it is a genuine old school classic.....;) an agree to disagree...perhaps ?

Hat's off on the new website too , much work has gone into it.................

• CLUB ADMIN
3 minutes ago, Symon said:

AHH Andy I agree with your sentiment , however retro is something fashioned to look older or of a particular time ...while indeed looking fully retro , especially with the dark maroon paintwork......it is a genuine old school classic.....;) an agree to disagree...perhaps ?

Hat's off on the new website too , much work has gone into it.................

Ta! Let's just say you were going for the adjective and myself the noun! Or vice-versa, myself opting for the collins definition as something "revived from the past..".. Speaking of which just images to sort now!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see the Cavalier on Tuesday and ended up walking away as the body wasn't as described. 

I expected the bonnet, roof and boot to be sorted but the same problem was on the doors as well and it didn't look as mint as the pictures suggest. 

Spent the night umming over it and then decided to buy it. It's on it's way down to me now so pretty excited.