VBOA 2019 Sywell 6/7 July chat thread

GreyDJ2

• CLUB REP

EjBj posted the following (which got deleted in error by me) :(

"What’s the score on the stand with bringing a non cavalier this year as mine if far from ready!" 

Followed by Chris M

"Ive been a few times not in a cav, you just park off the stand, usually by the camping bit. Might be the same this year unless I'm very lucky. "

My reply in next post

• CLUB REP

EjBj, please don't start random threads on the VBOA show. Please post on the existing thread(s).

In answer to your question and contradicting Chris :) this Club, along with some others, has a policy that, if you are a paid up member, you are entitled to bring any car, not just a MK2. We have enough space so all we do is put the non MK2s and associated tents etc in a different part of our area.

We try to be above all else a sociable bunch with a common interest in the MK2, sometimes now past sometimes future, without being hung up on it.

So yes, come along and pick a few brains, buy/collect a few bits and put faces to names. You will be made to feel welcome.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had fun as usual Saturday stand was a bit bare but about 10 cars on it but was a bit wet ground dried quick after rain.

Sunday was hot lot more day visitors to stand and club members displaying for the day

Venue has makings of a good show/site weather seemed to affect activites and numbers on saturday. But sunday with nice weather . more about stand was spacious for all to display and camp this year , At reps meating wasnt any  big news of trouble or behaviour concerns just to make sure you didnt let the kids on the runway side of the fencing.

Had spitfires bi-planes etc taking off and landing through out the day . So added bonus didn't take off early and were landed by early evening

if we get behind our club Mk2 Cav  then I belsieve we can make this a really good and enjoyable weekend for us as a Club to meet up and socialize 

Was nice to meet new faces this year and talk to Some. THANK YOU Andy King for club rep duties Sunday Morning at 830 AM my head really appreciated that.

And the track was fun my thanks to the track organisers for their assistance and taking my Daughter Toni out after the cars little mishap 

20190707_115437.jpg

FB_IMG_1562571805048.jpg

FB_IMG_1562571799965.jpg

Edited by newbody
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, newbody said:

Was nice to meet new faces this year and talk to Some. THANK YOU Andy King for club rep duties Sunday Morning at 830 AM my head really appreciated that.

Yeah don't think people really get how hard that is 

• Like 1

i think it has potential, i think the site was brilliant, easy to get to, well kept, genuinely hope it survives and grows in the future.

It will make a great base for a good old fashioned MK2 cav piss up next year that's for sure.

I mean there are the a few tweaks they need to do , like the toilets , etc but nothing that should put anyone off 

I feel the site etc is great but I think political wranglings of the  last year as really damaged the reputation of the vboa and if they can't rebuild that it won't matter that it's a fantastic venue , it was like walking around a library every one scared to say anything 

• 1 month later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

So I turned up and it was great to see the usual faces and some new.  I agreed with some dedicated help of the admin team next year could be awesome......yes I can help.

Quote of the saturday

"it really does taste like chicken fat!" @Frisco

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)