VBOA 2020 10/11/12 July Sywell Booking info thread

GreyDJ2

• CLUB REP

VBOA SHOW 2020 now POSTPONED

ANY TICKETS PLUS ONSITE HOTEL BOOKINGS WILL BE CARRIED FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR

Date to be set in 2021 that will avoid F1 at Silverstone when that date is set.

NOTE THE NEW DATE caused by the FIA moving the British GP and driving up the cost of everything, especially Loos, on our original weekend. More info coming on the info thread.

Following lots of suggestions the pricing structure has totally changed, allowing in particular much lower cost single night stays.

It is basically

£5 a day for a car

£5 a day for a person over 16, free if younger. There are kids fun activities wrist bands for £5 a day or £10 for all 3 days.

£5 a day for camping

There is a new booking system with the ticket being issued as an email, exchangeable on site for various colour wristbands.

Bookings before 31st December get a 20% discount, but not on the hotel which will be VBOA only. The voucher code is VBOAEARLY20

Book via www.vboa.org.uk from now on as some have already done, especially the hotel rooms.

Edited by GreyDJ2

so if i got this right i travel up me the missus daughter and friends 4 of us 

its 4x £5 camping per night £20

its 4x £5 admission per day £20

and £5 per day for the car 

as i normally do friday saturday sunday that means £45 x 3 =£135 - discount if i book early 

if this is right i wont be attending as it not a cheap weekend and not being funny paying that money to sleep in a tent and S**t in a port-a-loo is beyond a joke the 45-50 we were paying for the car irrelevant of occupancy up to  4 people was acceptable but the new pricing if I have got it right is not and is beyond a joke for the facilitates to hand.

Please tell me I have got it wrong 

Ok I was slightly wrong it is £115 for my group of 4 for the weekend just been on vboa site to go through a booking at this price I very much doubt i will be there so to all i met at this show Thanks for the memories and enjoy.

Hopefully see you at some other events but i will not be attending this year at this cost are they trying to kill the show

Reason mine is £20 less than i figured it to be is camping free for the sunday night

Edited by newbody
  • Like 1

wow is that how it works? When i first saw the new pricing I thought "Great I may camp this year", thinking it would only cost me and the wife around £15 for the saturday, sat night, and the show day 😁... but if it's as you say it is then it's gonna cost a fair bit more... 

5 hours ago, L13 said:

wow is that how it works? When i first saw the new pricing I thought "Great I may camp this year", thinking it would only cost me and the wife around £15 for the saturday, sat night, and the show day 😁... but if it's as you say it is then it's gonna cost a fair bit more... 

for you and the wife arriving Saturday going Sunday and camping on the Saturday night is £40 -20% if you book before end of December meaning it would be £32 

10 minutes ago, newbody said:

for you and the wife arriving Saturday going Sunday and camping on the Saturday night is £40 -20% if you book before end of December meaning it would be £32 

I worked it out at £50 for 2 days and a nights camping 

]

17 minutes ago, newbody said:

just done it on their site kier sat to sun 1 night camping 2 days admission

This is what I've seen 1 person 1 night and 2days in show 

Screenshot_20191009-161515.png

Edited by KEIR24

]

5 minutes ago, newbody said:

i think you'll find you've doubled price but that would mean 2 cars entry to show the price at £25 is for the car for the 2 days £10 take that off your £50 and we agree

2.jpg

Why can't they keep it simple 

]

• CLUB REP

The reps like me had no say in this, it was just presented to us at last Sunday's meeting and went live almost straight after. At the time we did not get a handle on what the deeper implications were.

It was presented as being simple because everything was multiples of £5. Clearly there are winners compared to last year, like two people in a car staying for one night.