MK2CAV.COM

Cavalier Calibre restoration

Hi all thanks for letting me join up as I’m going to be restoring my cavalier calibre in early spring next year. It’s not seen the light of day since 1996 and in a sorry state. It’s only covered 43k from new and has only been a one owner car my uncle who sadly passed away early this year. as far as I can see it has little to no rust. I will upload some pictures ASAP 

Welcome to the site, never owned a Cally but have a 130 saloon in Carmen Red. You only have to read the projects past and present on here to see where our cars rust ( everywhere you can and cannot see ) and there is plenty of advice and knowledge on here concerning all aspects of restoration and maintenance. Tahir is the man to go to regarding these cars and Rabbit by me has been restoring a Cally for some time dont know how he is getting on with it as bloody COVID has kept me away ( i will be 70 next year so well and truly self  isolating )

• Like 1

Hi Neil thanks for the reply. It’s good to know their is a few others restoring cavalier’s out their .I think I’m going to need a bit of help on this one. I’m going to take a few pics tomorrow of the old girl. she is in a right mess cosmetically looks like house hold paint was spilt over the boot lid and rear quarter but seems solid from what I could see, but I’m expecting a few surprises along the way. As for COVID it’s been a pain in the arse can’t wait to see the back of it but some things our out of our control. Yes definitely isolate and keep safe 👍