VBOA 2021 Sywell 2nd/3rd/4th July Chat thread

GreyDJ2

• CLUB REP

Just had an update from VBOA.

Working on the basis that we hope to be getting back to normal by then, VBOA are are going back to Sywell Aerodrome for the VBOA Rally on the 2nd to the 4th July..

They have listened and learnt lots from the 2019 event and plan to build from that to deliver another show that we as an association and community can be proud of!

Details of activities/vendors etc will updated as and when we secure them.

All camping, hotel, day and other tickets that were carried over from this year are valid.

Hotel rooms at the Aviator hotel onsite will be a first come first served basis.

More details as I get them.

• 1 month later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

I will likely be up for this.....no idea of car bringing or length of stay but we (the UK) need to be in a good place on the vaccination front.  If we are vaccinated, than this should be a proper party....beers....chat....and a laugh

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• 4 weeks later...
  • GreyDJ2 changed the title to VBOA 2021 Sywell 2nd/3rd/4th July Chat thread

Me too. Having left the factory in December and the upwards of 90hr weeks, I have much less money, but I’m also starting to appreciate family time and a life outside of work. I certainly don’t miss 12hr night shifts or the 2hr a day commute, so it’s back to the balancing act of less money for the car, but more time to do it. I really hope to get it back mot able and then I can enjoy some of the trappings of no weekend shift working.