New Scottish Member here!!

Al1exx

Hi all

New to the forum and to mk2 Cavalier ownership though my dad had one eons ago. 

Ive got a Brazil Brown B reg saloon, billy basic spec with zero electrics just what I like. 49k miles one owner off the road 20 years. Body wise it needs nothing structurally though could use a passenger door (and a good wash!) and interior wise it’s a total time warp piece down to the original GM mats.

My brother and I are in the process of getting it back on the road, 3 hours after getting it back to his workshop it was alive and running well!! Clutch etc seem great, even the brakes were okay. Benefit of being stored in a warm dark garage for all these years.

I plan to run it alongside my Nova for now and hopefully get to some car shows this year. I’ve tried to attach some pictures, hopefully they’ve worked!!

Cheers!! 

BC76839F-648D-4D6E-B7A0-CC4F57D4C2C6.jpeg

70BFC50E-245B-4A51-AA48-8CBC20A588A7.jpeg

Edited by Al1exx

Haha thank you - I certainly will!! It’s now nestling down behind a mk3 Astra instead which has a Saab engine - though it too has a slightly crunchy third gear....

The cavalier has a 4 speed gearbox exactly like my Nova, I half expected a 5 speed but was pleasantly surprised! I like a 4 speeder!! 

Edited by Al1exx

• CLUB MEMBER
25 minutes ago, Al1exx said:

Oh la la very exotic!! 🤣 Once we are allowed to roam about again and my car is on the road we should organise a wee meet up 

Aye mate my bad boy is out of hibernation.. and ready to go. there is a cav 40th birthday thing in September.. think it's going to be a run coast to coast starting in the east. 

6 hours ago, Al1exx said:

Haha thank you - I certainly will!! It’s now nestling down behind a mk3 Astra instead which has a Saab engine - though it too has a slightly crunchy third gear....

The cavalier has a 4 speed gearbox exactly like my Nova, I half expected a 5 speed but was pleasantly surprised! I like a 4 speeder!! 

if i recall, the 5 speed was optional at a cost of around £200...its amazing how many standard 4 speeds were sold!

• Thanks 1

Car looks really good. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh. TBH my green eyed devil was really looking at the trailer in the first pic. I've been eyeing a 2.5V6  Vectra B CDX Estate in Norwich. My trailer is fine for Neve the Nova but the Vectra would be a tight squeeze. Had a Corsa D on her last week. Ended up had to drive her up and over the wheels and mudguards to load. Made me have a look online at dimensions. To my surprise a Corsa D is about 20mm wider than a Vectra B. Shows how models outgrow themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

... and just when it was all going so well, running smooth as a sewing machine, when suddenly dropped a cylinder.  A bit of investigation later and found to have a broken rocker arm.  Not sure why but my brother is working on it, appears to have done no damage other than the rocker - very lucky - we don't know why it has broken, but more digging required.

Even on 3 cylinders the car is keen to drive!! 😆 

That trailer is awesome but sadly, that and the Volvo are not mine lol.  They belong to my brother's friend who helped get the car home.  I know who to shout on if I find any other projects for sure!