I'm back

swirl

Well been away from the fold for a long time, previously had a couple of Calibres E21YND and E150YNB both long gone, a few 130's a couple of SRI's a Convertible C800BJT more Mk3's than I can recall, 20+ Vectra's, just reminiscing and wondering how much it would cost me to get my portly backside back in a Mk2, Calibre/130/SRI/Saloon. Wonder who is here I remember. Tahir? Rabbit?

Some off my old motors below, all long gone.

mycalibre-1.jpg

swirlyspics003-1.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00848-1.jpg

Edited by swirl
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, chris m said:

Wow,  swirl, welcome back fella, how the hell are you?

Hi Chris how you doing Pal, many years riding bikes, had a big smash a few years ago, thinking of moving a couple of bike projects on and my Chevy Astro van, maybe get back in a Cav. A Calibre would be my goal but understandably they are few and far between having scrapped 2 myself, so a 130 saloon project maybe a consideration, E21YND had a LET conversion, I think throwing a V6 in one maybe nice, so a saloon of any sort could do.

20210306_143659.jpg

8 hours ago, Al1exx said:

How do the Vectra's drive?  Never had one before but thought about it a few times, might make a good daily alongside the Cavalier and Nova. 🤔

The GSI's where like they where on rails, handled superb, also had a Supertouring V6 great motors, when I went to Vectra C I was doing lots of miles for work so went diesel, 2.2dti Sri C was great, the 1.9CDTI was a peice of Sh*t, 3.0CDTi was excellent had a gang of BMW's after that and an Audi 

1 hour ago, swirl said:

The GSI's where like they where on rails, handled superb, also had a Supertouring V6 great motors, when I went to Vectra C I was doing lots of miles for work so went diesel, 2.2dti Sri C was great, the 1.9CDTI was a peice of Sh*t, 3.0CDTi was excellent had a gang of BMW's after that and an Audi 

Thanks 👍🏻 I’ll give a Vectra B some serious thought!! 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2021 at 11:12, Al1exx said:

How do the Vectra's drive?  Never had one before but thought about it a few times, might make a good daily alongside the Cavalier and Nova. 🤔

dont rule out an Astra "H", less prone to rotting for a start😎