VBOA 2021 Sywell CHAT Thttps://www.mk2cav.com/topic/23182-vboa-2021-sywell-chat-thread-2nd3rd4th-july/HREAD 2nd/3rd/4th July

GreyDJ2

4 hours ago, Paul said:

will the mrs let you take the tigra?

Since joining the ranks of the unemployed masses last month I have commandeered the Tigra!

Ideally I would take Dads Calibra SE2 but that’s needing fuel lines and I won’t get time to do it as I’m working away for the next 2 weeks with a mate. 

87' Mk2 Cavalier SRi Hatch 16v

89' Mk3 Cavalier SRi Hatch V6

• CLUB REP

Big update from VBOA tonight. Here it is

Toilets
In order to operate a Stage 3 Covid safe/secure event we have had to make the toilets and their positions easy to clean after use and maintain social distancing. As such ALL toilets onsite will be the portaloos because the trailer toilets don't have the space inside. We are presently having all bar one toilet in the same area near the showers (not too far from where they were in 2019). If you want a toilet for your club, you are responsible for the sanitisation of it for covid and it will NOT be serviced for the weekend by our team as they will be busy servicing the main loos.

Raffle/Tombola
We are asking for a £10 prize/set of prizes from each club to be popped into the raffle for this year. Kindly bring it along to the show please

COVID Rules
While we had hoped to be free of the Covid restrictions, sadly we aren't. This means there are some fairly simple rules to follow, and if they aren't then the persons breaking them get asked to leave site, no ifs no buts. We are expecting an inspection from the council/public health/police.
One loss to the show is we cannot have bands on in either the BarBar or the outside arena.
This is the start of a set of rules that will come out, but the highlights:

• Groups of 30 MAXIMUM, this relates to you and your friends in close proximity in a gazebo and the likes as per the government guidelines.
  • Keep 2 meters apart particularly when queuing for things
  • Hand sanitiser will be around the site for use
  • One way systems for walking around the site will be in place, this will be for around the toilets, showers, arena areas etc.
  • We will be using the NHS track and trace app/QR codes and pen+paper for those who dont use it.
  • Lateral flow test kits will be available on site if you feel you wish to use them.
  • Mask wearing outdoors is up to you and not a problem if you wish to.
  • All committee members and show volunteers will be taking lateral flow tests daily.

Please work with us as we all want the show to be a safe and positive place for us all to reunite after a long time apart.

Live Action
The live action arena is still going ahead, it will be in the form of a Gymkhana whereby you dont have to wear a helmet or have long sleeves etc, but its upto you at that point. Additional drivers are permitted and will be added to the web shop and passengers are permitted but with some MSA guidance on that which we are finalising, there will be a charge for passengers as the will then be covered by the liability insurance.

• CLUB REP

More from VBOA. Apparently calling it a 'gymkhana' overcomes several issues :)

Gymkhana Live Action!!

The live action arena is being run as a Gymkhana, this means you do not need to have a helmet. It will be great fun and a way to give your pride and joy a good run (or kicking depending on your ways). Additional driver options will be added to the site and once a few details are ironed out about passengers, they will also be added to the site too. https://vboa.org.uk/ind.../product/live-action-vboa-members/

• CLUB REP
1 hour ago, Paul said:

@GreyDJ2is the club gazebo at your house? 

No, I only have the perimeter posts/bunting and the Mk2Cav banner. I asked Andy a week ago and he said he had one, I didn't know we had two. The weather for the weekend looks to be dry, low wind, 25 day and 15 night. That's pretty good so we will need one.

• SITE MODERATOR
15 hours ago, GreyDJ2 said:

No, I only have the perimeter posts/bunting and the Mk2Cav banner. I asked Andy a week ago and he said he had one, I didn't know we had two. The weather for the weekend looks to be dry, low wind, 25 day and 15 night. That's pretty good so we will need one.

Its good for a focal point.....also its 40th yr party time.....

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

3 hours ago, Paul said:

out of interest where is the nearest supermarket? wellingb?

Just checked google maps, Tesco Wellingborough is 15 minutes away. The  nearest coop/Londis etc is in the village of Sywell a 10 minute drive away 👍

• SITE MODERATOR

Clear indies are proper rare......what are these springs you speak of ;¬)

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR
8 minutes ago, mfcav said:

I found a set of clears on the Bay... got them for £18.... I got a set of -50mm pigtail springs for sale 

Bargain, good find.  How much for the springs?  What make are they

• SITE MODERATOR

@GreyDJ2John, is there anywhere to watch the Lions on Saturday?  I think its on sky....but be good to not leave the site to watch if needs be.

Might be able to get a skygo account working......but power or TV might be an issue?  @andythoughts please?