VBOA 2021 Sywell CHAT Thttps://www.mk2cav.com/topic/23182-vboa-2021-sywell-chat-thread-2nd3rd4th-july/HREAD 2nd/3rd/4th July

GreyDJ2

Hi , show gowers ....

Here is some pictures off the lowering springs that I took off my lxi when I got it ....hardly any use ,the box says 1982 too 1988 ,taking them too the show if you want too pick them up ....£100  I will also bring a few bits n bobs with me ....

Thanks 

Phil ,lxi hunter 

IMG_20210629_105012.jpg

IMG_20210629_105040.jpg

• CLUB REP

Here is the map, sorry about the size. The main entrance is in the middle at the bottom with the Track and Trace area straight in front.

Our pitch is the second along on the bottom, so once you are in turn first right, first right  and then straight ahead.

This year we do not have a rear entrance so all vehicles have to enter from the front which means we will have to leave an access road down the side next to the Victor/Cresta stand to allow access to the parking area at the back for the non Cavalier parking and tents etc.

This is a big site so its difficult to judge the real size of everything, comparing it to the google Maps image of the airfield our stand might be bigger than at Billing.

cde60e32-137b-8e6b-3a35-1c076c405e29.jpg

• CLUB REP

SYWELL UPDATE RE ACCESS TIMES

On Sat/Sun the gates are open from 8am and on all days closed at 9pm.

NEW THIS YEAR Outside those hours there is NO entry/exit due to Covid, due to the lack of manpower to do Track and Trace.

So don't drive to the nearest pub to watch an 8 o'clock kickoff football match!!! You won't get back in.

Hope you have read the site rules as well.

• CLUB REP
1 hour ago, Kaspadakis said:

Officially my Ascona not gonna make it 😭

I hope to pop up and see you cars, there will some visitors parking?

As a Club member you can park on our stand, at the back with the non Cavaliers.  When driving on the site the speed limit is 5mph as there are likely to be lots of pedestrians around. VBOA want to try and minimise car movements between 10 and 4.

• Thanks 1

• CLUB REP
44 minutes ago, C20Brett said:

Any pubs nearby for the football on Saturday? 

Copied from my post above :)

SYWELL UPDATE RE ACCESS TIMES

On Sat/Sun the gates are open from 8am and on all days closed at 9pm.

NEW THIS YEAR Outside those hours there is NO entry/exit due to Covid, due to the lack of manpower to do Track and Trace.

So don't drive to the nearest pub to watch an 8 o'clock kickoff football match!!! You won't get back in.

Its a good job its only Ukraine. I expect you'll be watching it on a tablet!

• Thanks 1

• CLUB REP

Forecast is definitely now mixed but at least it won't be cold. Seems to be bands of rain passing through. This part of the country often has the rain clouds passing over it without dropping any. Fingers crossed. At least zero chance of flooding like at Billing.

On 29/06/2021 at 14:54, Greg said:

@GreyDJ2John, is there anywhere to watch the Lions on Saturday?  I think its on sky....but be good to not leave the site to watch if needs be.

Might be able to get a skygo account working......but power or TV might be an issue?  @andythoughts please?

i have one of those invertor gadgets that turns 12v into 240v and a couple of large car batteries and a 32 inch lcd tv i could bring for the game

Drives probably the only other ascona sr/e on the road in the UK

• CLUB ADMIN
9 hours ago, kensascona said:

i have one of those invertor gadgets that turns 12v into 240v and a couple of large car batteries and a 32 inch lcd tv i could bring for the game

If someone can bring a smart TV with iPlayer installed, that doesn't consume hundreds if watts continuously ( i.e. it's A rated), I have a battery pack which can run a 240v TV for a good few hours.

No need for lead acid batteries then Ken!

Someone would then just share WiFi too it...

My bigger concern would be keeping it all dry as forecast saying heavy rain.... / Thunder.... club Gazebo is only 3x3!

If it really will pour, 5v- 12v devices will be safer from a club liability point of view... But option is there!