old member

Richie

Hi Guys

First time on here for a few years so thought I'd post as some of you don't do other platforms.

Just had a read on a few projects and nice to see some new and old faces, stuy, abo, nice to see you guys back.

Greg, nice to see nothing changed with the LX🤣,

Well the saabalier is still tucked up after 3 years and shes still looking fine, took a once over it last week and needs a few machanical things doing for a mot but at the moment i've no desire to do anything to it, still lost the mojo 😪

Like a few of you i've been busy with divorce, luckerly it was a mutal thing so all good, been busy with a new house, life and women for the last couple of years, amazing how divorce makes you look at things differently 🤣.

Hope you all have been keeping safe during this difficult 12 months and maybe catch up 1 day 👍

• Like 1

• CLUB ADMIN

I can speak to the mojo thing; After 2016 and the yellow cav still needing so many things (and shredding the back tyres, not in a good way), I couldn't look at the thing. It took selling Orwin to motivate me to save the others as I missed driving a MK2, as being in one has been a feature of, pretty much my whole life. Returning to MK2's as a project, even just 7 years after the Angouleme trip (the last time I finished a mk2 build), the scene is so different.

These cars are now much rarer, appreciating and harder to find bits for as they head to 40. That challenge to overcome and the fact that no-one on the street has any idea what these cars are now has fuelled my own desire to get on with things again. I'm bored of looking at silver, red white and blue jelly moulds on the roads. Well it's probably that, and avoiding my day job, covid and a rusty fire engine. But I'll say this - it will come back when it's ready. I'm glad you kept the old bus @Richie

As for other returners here, I come here because it's the antithesis of FB, it's not throwing everything at you demanding you click. Good to see you back mate! Any chance of a couple of pics? 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • SITE MODERATOR
On 09/05/2021 at 17:46, Richie said:

Hi Guys

First time on here for a few years so thought I'd post as some of you don't do other platforms.

Just had a read on a few projects and nice to see some new and old faces, stuy, abo, nice to see you guys back.

Greg, nice to see nothing changed with the LX🤣,

Well the saabalier is still tucked up after 3 years and shes still looking fine, took a once over it last week and needs a few machanical things doing for a mot but at the moment i've no desire to do anything to it, still lost the mojo 😪

Like a few of you i've been busy with divorce, luckerly it was a mutal thing so all good, been busy with a new house, life and women for the last couple of years, amazing how divorce makes you look at things differently 🤣.

Hope you all have been keeping safe during this difficult 12 months and maybe catch up 1 day 👍

Hello Richie, well hey ho....the white LX will get there one day.

Sorry to hear about the divorce..... same here, its only amicable as she left for someone else and I haven't lost the plot lol.  Better off with out her and I'm glad she left tbh....tragic but thats life.

Get the saabilier out and fired up (when you are ready)

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• 4 weeks later...