Cavaliet Hatch 1600s Mk2 Wanted

Jackie Sanders

I have a Cavalier Commander hatch which unfortunately has major rear chassis wear.  I have been advised that it is terminal. I am gutted as she has been driving like a dream with 270000 plus miles on the original engine.  So I am in the market for another MK2 Hatch preferably 1600s.

Is anyone thinking of selling theirs please?

I will be at Sywell in July and able to view any prospective car.

Please contact Jackie Sanders on 07833562192 if interested.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

Jackie.....gutted.....the commander was my first cav......does it just need new chassis legs?  I have a Gli hatch that I need to fix up a bit and get MOT'd....going on my track record it could be a long way off 🙄

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

As of yet we're not too sure. We're hoping to get another MK2 hatch.

If anoter car comes along in the near future, we'll let you know.

We also have a number of spares to go with it, new tyres, etc.

Would like to mention that we live in Anglesey North Wales.

The car is still taxed and has an MOT until September.

Please keep in touch.

Regards, Jackie

Hi,

The chassis has collapsed by the spring on the off side rear.

As far as we know, that's all, but have not investigated further and cannot get anyone interested in welding it.

We were out at Criccieth on the 1st May and someone very kindly took aphoto stating sympathetically lowered at rear.

We looked underneath and saw the damage.

I have photos, if you would kindly send me your email address , I can forward them off my phone.

Thanks for getting back so soon,

Jackie

• SITE MODERATOR

Save it mf.......

Good to meet you Jackie (and Rick) last weekend.  Lets hope the commander can be sorted

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

My Gli needs MOT'ing, then to be sold to fund another project

• SITE MODERATOR

LXs don't get sold......they get fixed, or scrapped.....last owner ;¬)

• SITE MODERATOR
18 minutes ago, mfcav said:

What's the eta for the GLi?

Good question.  Divorce signed off, and white LX MOT'd so its nearly next on the list.  Likely after the lions series, so later this summer.  Go save the commander, it sounds well looked after, after chatting to Jackie and Rick last weekend (considering Rick is ex-vauxhall mechanic).

• 2 weeks later...