Not quite a Calibre but the intention was there

tonynash

PH_144.thumb.jpg.2235c204c4e647cc3f41fd115483b0b4.jpgHey folks, stumbled across the forum by chance and thought i'd sign up. 

I've owned a 1988 Mk11 Cavalier hatchback for the last 20+ years. A side project that has forever lived in a garage due to family, kids and my job. 

Now 2 of said kids are of driving age, the eldest adamant the car is going to him. I work in IT, fix Apple, Samsung and other high end devices for a hobby and in my spare time enjoy a bit of mountain biking, when it comes to car mechanics i'm a tinkerer at heart and not afraid to get my hands dirty but only if I have to. 

My cav started out life as the watered down version of the SRI, it's younger runt of a brother with a puny 1.6l single downdraught carb..I think the official model was the Cavalier LX, there was also a 1.6 LXi.... my previous cav's a 1983 1.8 SRI and an '84 2l CDI (running gear, engine and ECU from an SRI 130).

So this was to be the base for a hatchback version of the Calibre, back in the day it was still nigh on impossible to get a decent replica kit and I couldn't afford to buy what i needed directly from irmscher so a fibreglass kit and local bodyshop and I ended up with this.

• CLUB ADMIN
1 hour ago, tonynash said:

that'll be an LX not SX as I prevously stated

I've edited your post and welcome Tony. For the sake of the black paint that would look a tidy Calibre hatch! I wouldn't give a MK2 away without having a drive in it first, even if it was to your first born! @Greg is our resident LX/LXi addict btw so I'm sure he'll be along to say hello shortly too!

• SITE MODERATOR

Another 1 of the 40 odd left is found.......welcome Tony......best model of them all 🤤

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)