Just poking my head in the door...

KR7

Hello everyone, im Cole. I am also one hundred percent new to these cars.

I have never heard of Vauxhall......

That was— until today. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a car on the marketplace for sometime now, and today I stumbled upon a car that caught my eye (maybe because I am a Volkswagen lover & former owner of three of them... these cars and some older Volkswagens just have that German-made look to them that I like... or maybe it's just me!):

1987 Vauxhall  Cavalier (Expression?)

160000 km

Right hand drive

ZERO RUST

Im going to look at it this weekend. Any advice guys? Thanks for having me. Have a good night!

• CLUB ADMIN

Expression would be a MK3 not a MK2 cavalier - so here in UK that would be 1988 model year, not 87. However, the two cars are very similar - in fact the MK3 was developed using MK2 component cars. If you are in another country, the MK2 Cavalier was sold as the Ascona C, and the MK3 was sold as the Vectra A. Hope this helps, and be good to see a pic once you've gone!

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I guess the owner thinks that it's a 1987 for some reason...

Yeah this car (from what I can see from the pictures) has virtually zero rust— which is quite impressive, given the year of course... the owner said they originally imported the car into the country where i am (canada) and they wanted to import it from here to Zimbabwe but  i guess they wont allow a vehicle thats over 10 years old be imported over there. apparently this car was only used on a movie set (hence the decent kms) and was basically sitting in a garage somewhere for the better part of its life.... can't say I've run across a story quite like this before, but I guess we will have to see..... I will try to remember to take some pictures regardless if I buy or not. Thanks for the info

Hi Cole, The mk3 Expression was (if I recall from my days in sales) around J or K plate, so 1991/2, in a light metallic blue or red, had the Cavalier LX alloys and similar black/red striped seat trim to the Astra SX. A 1987 Cavalier could have been added with the expression graphics by a car dealer... We badged up some  Corsa's as " Monaco " as we fitted aftermarket TSW monaco wheels and put the SRI spoiler on. Good luck with the viewing, be good to see the pics🙂

• 3 weeks later...