VBOA Show Sywell 2023 21 to 23 July Chat thread

GreyDJ2

• SITE MODERATOR

Nice and early John, excellent work.  I may have an issue though.....I might have a choice of mk2, lol.....never before.

• Haha 1

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

Depends on weather and how far people have to travel.  I have only been a few time (incl Billing) and people pile in Thursday or Friday and then sunday slope off.

Max power event, where is that?  I like the fact that it's a thing again

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• CLUB REP
On 09/11/2022 at 22:40, mark - back on the road said:

My plan is to head to vboa Thursday or Friday ( depending on work ) then head to maxpower reunion Saturday nite for the pre party.. then show on Sunday... mk2 and mk3 cavs have been accepted into show

VBOA only starts on Friday nowadays. We also welcome Members Mk3s as well as Mk2s.

• CLUB REP
On 08/11/2022 at 00:17, Rich said:

Wow don’t think we’ve ever had the date quite this early, have we?

We, as VBOA, are getting into the swing of owning and operating our own show. Financially it is back on an even keel so a lot of the stress and worry has gone. Plus getting used to the quirks of Sywell. Also F1 is setting Silverstone dates earlier.

• 1 month later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

£40 for all weekend camping (with 2 free U17s), not to bad.  Adding adults isn't so cheap mind.  I need to work out whether I can get there Friday or not yet.

• Like 1

• CLUB REP

Hotel booking site live on Monday.

Dear Affilated Clubs, The VBOA will NOT be taking hotel bookings for this years show, instead you will need to book direct with the Aviator Hotel at Sywell. The Aviator have confirmed they wil start to take bookings from Monday 9th January. You can book online https://www.aviatorhotel.co.uk/ or call  01604 642111Please note: The VBOA will NOT be able to assist with hotel booking enquiries.

Luckily for me, I only live up the road from Sywell…nr Kettering, so will be going to the VBOA event…

I’ll probably be bringing my Blue ‘79 Series-1 Monza ‘S’ to the Autobahnstormers stand and if it’s ok, with you guys, my ‘new’ ‘84 Cavalier Estate could be parked with some other lovely Mk2’s ??? 😎👅👍

9 minutes ago, GreyDJ2 said:

Look forward to seeing it there.

The beauty of our Club is that it doesn't matter what it looks like, all Mk2s are welcome. So by the look of it yours will be among the 'lovely' ones as you put it. :)

That’s great, thanks!

I must confess, we’re very much like that with Monza’s - everyone is welcome…their part of our Monza family - ultimately, there are too few of them left now to be picky - only having show cars is something we’ve never done - we’re just glad someone appreciates the car enough to keep it going!

I will do my best to sort-out it’s bits & bobs before the show though, just for my own benefit as much as anything. 🙂👍😎

If anyone needs anything taking to the show, I’m happy to help where I can…

As I say, I only live a few minutes away, so a bit of running around isn’t gonna hurt! 🤪🤔👍

Guy.

38 minutes ago, GreyDJ2 said:

Here is one you would appreciate, 12 years ago in Norway. Have a friend who used to own the Opel dealership in Stavanger.

IMG_5098.JPG

Oh yes!…A Commodore GS Coupe’…a fabulous bit of kit!

Back in the day, Opel did them in an Aubergine colour and it made them look really classy, but oh-so sinister at the same time! 👅

• Like 1

• SITE MODERATOR
13 hours ago, mark - back on the road said:

Do vboa have us as mk2 cavalier owners network? Holidays preliminarily agreed by work ... gona book tomorrow 

I think so, @GreyDJ2 john, please confirm

• 2 months later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

John, do we have numbers?  Can you do a sign up thread please.....might help drum up folks like me who are too lazy to sort it.  That said, I need to fix my tent and get a cav MOT'd lol