Guest philster

Guest philster

Sadly at present i dont own a mk2 cav :(

Ok, a brief history:

D-plate sri 1.8 hatch

E-plate sri  2.0 hatch

E-plate sri 130 saloon

F-plate sri 130 hatch...mint

owing to stupidity and a change of job i sold my 130,biggest mistake ever.

Recently found an 1-owner! e-plate 130 hatch owned by a lady who after seeing her in sainsburys carpark and explaining im a mk2 cav enthusiast, has given me first refusal on her pride and joy.

Problem: not selling till the end of the year, could do with some advice here everybody,do i sit it out and wait or search elsewhere because i dont want to wait that long! :?

Guest Chalkey

hi Phil, welcome.....

If i was in your shoes i would hold out, if she is genuine about giving you first dibs on a really nice one then i would grab it with both hands, in the meantine you could always while away your time with something a little cheaper to keep you ticking over....so to speak....

There's a few Mk2's in the for sale section, some of them look ok as well.....

Guest philster

;D Yeah must start looking for a car again soon,just hope i dont get let down on the one owner classic thats all :'(

Oh yeah and details of the motor will be kept to a minimum,dont want to get involved in a bidding war with u guys ;D ;D ;D

Guest zero-defects

I'm going to be the Prophet of Doom again.

So lets do a descision tree analysis.

Option 1.  Wait until Dec 2005 -

Possible outcomes :

a) She's Lost your Number.

B) Her Relatives tell her to put it on Ebay

c) Her relatives have become members of mk2cav.com and have read Andy's oppinions on values and are holding out for a fecking randsom.

d) She sells it you at a price you can afford.

Option 2.  Buy a nice easy to sell mk2 Cav.  Lots available but 130's always easy to sell (apparently) but 1.8's nearly as fast in the right hands.

Possible Outcomes:

a) She's Lost your Number.

B) Her Relatives tell her to put it on Ebay

c) Her relatives have become members of mk2cav.com and have read Andy's oppinions on values and are holding out for a fecking randsom.

d) She phones you, you have no spare cash.

e) She phone you, you buy it and flog the other mk2

f) She phones you, you decide that it's too good to use daily and you keep it for week-ends.

Option 2 seems to work out better.  Now HOW are you going to make sure that she remembers you ?

Guest zero-defects
Mark's advice looks sound enough to me. Welcome aboard mate.

A runner for ten months had got to be a good option.

Based on experience.

I spoke to 2 owners in about August to Oct 2003 about an Lxi and SRi.  Whilst I was still looking I came across a CDi (Long story old thread blah blah) Auto which the owner was stuggling to get rid of.  It came with 6 months MOT some tax and was Free.  3 Months later the owner of LXi phoned to say they wanted £400 for it (which I declined as it had no MOT) and 5 months after that the SRi owner phoned me and I did a £40 deal.  Got £180 quid for CDi with a little tax still on it via autotrader.

The SRi now OWES me £540 !, but I'm not counting.  

Guest philster

Yeah,difficult situation im in really,just have to hope the lady keeps her word :)

Do see the car about so should really approach her again hoping she may sell it early!

Thing that worries me is she may wonder why im so keen to buy her car,does she then decide to put the price up or will she think im a freak if i mention it again

[smiley=embarassed.gif]

to be honest im not really sure how to approach the situation,any advice would be appreciated :)