Guest sammyspeedball

Guest sammyspeedball

Hello to Everyone.

Have just registered with the club, and am impressed with the site. I didn't realise the MK2 Cav, had so many ardent fans...

For my sins, I have just bought a 1983 REED GREEN MK2, that was advertised on a Classic Car website, as well as this site. The seller didn't want it to go to that [glow=red,2,300]Great Graveyard in the Sky[/glow], and as I wanted an "everyday useable practical classic" that I could have a bash at restoring, the car suited my needs.  I have never welded or restored a car in the past, but it is a project I am looking forwards to..... ;D

I have driven Cavaliers before, but only as an onerous "Repmobile".  I have never had one as a classic car, instead, keeping to Volvos, Renaults, Vanden Plas', Jaguars, Triumphs, Ford Cortinas and several others, but now that is about to change.....

Anyway, sorry for rambling. When restoration gets underway, I will post some pictures. There are pictures of her in her current state, on site, posted by Lisa, the very nice lady who sold me her.

Just a week ago, I saw a D plate Red Convertible MK2 in Sandon/Great Baddow in Essex. It was nice to see a true classic shape convertible car, instead of the jelly mouilds that are being put out by manufacturers of today. Whose is it? Anybody know?

Keep up the good work.

Guest Chalkey

welcome to the site Sammy, glad to see Lisa's Mk2 went to a deserving home.

Look forward to seeing pics of it as the resto progresses, if you have any questions please fire away,  there is a lot of knowledge on the site