my 87 sri hatcback (updated pics)

mj

didnt really want to break this but it has got to be done and at least it is a more common model :D

if dont do it soon there will be more metal on the floor than there is on the car :D

have given the chasis rails a hammering and only found surface rust the spring seats where ok aswell. floor pan where the subframe sits under the l/h/s rear seat has biggish hole.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

its been neglected last owner had it for 14 years. but was always parked outside facing uphill! in all weathers. car has nether had any welding or ever been filled. and wasnt garaged kept.

Sounds like mine (no garage, see?).  Although she did spend the 10 years of her life rubbing noses with Aston Martins and the like in controlled storage (we were living in part foreign).  If I'd had the cash I'd have got her rustproofed when the car become mine.  I know I should have got her rustproofed.  Why didn't I do it?

Oh yeah - I was skint.  :(

car has nether had any welding or ever been filled

Your damn right it hadnt been ever welded!! It had virtually no boot floor, no chassis legs, no sills and the wheelarches had fell off years ago and the rot on the inner arches was creeping up the quarter panels.It was rough as a bears whatsit but still very useful for the spares and still bloody quick! >:D. :angel:

matt

it had been welded when the car was 2 years old it had a very nasty front end smash. the car was sent to vauxhall and was repaired the whole front end bulkhead forward was replaced  ;D