Chris66 new new to mk2cav

chris66

Hiya

i'm Chris and i'm in central Scotland. New to the site so trying to find my way around. ??? I'm driving a Cavalier Convertible, 1.8 in silver ;D and my Other car is a Mitsubishi Shogun DI-d swb. only had the car for a few weeks so still loads to do. has a years mot but the roof needs replaced and the car needs painted. I love it to bits! This'll be my 14th Mk2 cav. owned most of the range back in the day. Anyway, good to see some of the other cars and i look forward to chatting with you. Cheers, Chris :)

Welcome to the site mate. Get some pics of this Cabby up!! If your not sure how to , mail them to me  ;)

cheers for the welcome guys. at work just now :( but will give getting some pics on tomorrow. not much to look at i'm afraid but will be trying to improve it as i go.

Welcome to the site mate. Get some pics of this Cabby up!! If your not sure how to,

mail them to me  ;)

hi Matt

not worked out how to add images yet but here's a link to photobucket with some pics of the old girl

http://s614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/chris66/Cavalier%20convertible/

if you can use these to post a few would be appreciated.

Chris

Guest chris m

nice car mate. thers a how to on here for getting yer bumpers back like new for no cash...are you going to join up? £15 quid for the year, gets you access to the rest of the site, allows you to show your car on club stands, plus you get the mk2 cav.com stickers and keyring . i think at some point in the near future you may also get a "how to fit a v6" guide :P what you reckon Andy?? ;D ;D

ps Tim is yer man for memberships :)

nice car mate. thers a how to on here for getting yer bumpers back like new for no cash...are you going to join up? £15 quid for the year, gets you access to the rest of the site, allows you to show your car on club stands, plus you get the mk2 cav.com stickers and keyring . i think at some point in the near future you may also get a "how to fit a v6" guide :P what you reckon Andy?? ;D ;D

its a great base to start with anyway. solid(apart from 1 arch) original and straight. the suns still shining occasionally so will start mucking about with it in the winter. my plan was to fit a red top but to be honest, driving around in it the way it is has been great. ;D couple that with £120 a year insurance and its like having a free car! saved that lowering the mileage on the Shogun.

Can't have a Mk2 and not join the club, can i ??? ???

• CLUB ADMIN

Think we should get you on commission mate ;) Seriously though, I have the pics and Paul Y has the know how I'm sure one could be done at some point. I'm looking at the future of the site itself at the moment. Learning a lot along the way too. But yup, Tim is your man for membership.

welcome to the club chris. have a silver cabby just the same, pics on here somewhere in project thread. does the bumper trick consist of a heat gun by any chance? works like a dream!

Chris M-- We should get a list going of who has/ is getting V6's fitted, specially in cabbies seen as there much be a few now.

Very smart Cabby. It was for sale on here for a while and Ebay. Thought about it for a while myself. Obviously thought too long though  ;D ::)

needs work Matt but the car is whole and driveable. joined the VODC down at Evesham festival last week and it done a 667mile round trip, no problems. can't complain for 500 quid.

looks really smart mate,very smart ;) 8)

the pics make it look better than it is mate but apart from cosmetics, its really not that bad. big hole where the roof should be though. you need waders to drive in the rain. didn't know whether to buy floor mats or a bilge pump ;)

welcome to the club chris. have a silver cabby just the same, pics on here somewhere in project thread. does the bumper trick consist of a heat gun by any chance? works like a dream!

Chris M-- We should get a list going of who has/ is getting V6's fitted, specially in cabbies seen as there much be a few now.

it does involve a heat gun. goin g to give that a try at the weekend. bumpers look crap the way they are. not been right round the site yet but will look out for your cab. :D