New member!

owain

Hi folks

I've just joined and here is my 1987 1.6L hatch, recently bought on ebay and collected on 21st May:

[img width=800 height=597]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb341/owain71/IMG_0071.jpg

It replaced a 2012 Audi A5 Cabriolet as I left the company where it was my company car :)

This is now my daily driver and it joins another two '80s classics that I own (an ultra-rare 1981 Subaru pick-up and a 1982 Daihatsu F20 "jeep")

The Cav's done 37k from new, one lady owner, full history, every service done by the Vauxhall dealer that supplied it. It had been SORN'd for 4 years - I drove it from Taunton to Bicester with just one stop for a cuppa and it didn't miss a beat  :D

Why the Cav? My Dad had a Jamaica Yellow 1.6L Saloon in '82-'84 then a Polar White 1.6L Hatch '84-'86 (these were followed by a pair of Belmonts - wish there were more of them around...), plus as 20-somethings a couple of mates both had 1.6GL Hatches (one in China Blue on a Y, one metallic blue on an A) back in the early '90s... one of which was replaced with an ex-police SRI 130 which still had the lightbar zip in its headlining!

There's a few wee jobs to do; it's had 4 new GM shocks, a new GM back box and a tune-up; it has had both rear arches previously repaired and both are now going again, so these'll need attention soon (can anyone recommend an affordable bodyshop who'd do a good job in the Oxford/Bicester/Banbury area?)

See you at Billing next month!

Cheers

Owain

Welcome to the club and nice Cav :-)

I Love those old Subaru pick-ups! I presume it's a Brat?

Well cool, I almost bought one a few years back and wish I had now as it would be a great parts-chaser :-)