Cavalier SR

SR_1.6

Guest Chalkey

not currently in the club, Andy had one some time ago, but it met with an untimely end  :(

If i remember correctly the SR was only made for about 12/18 months, it was then dropped in favour of the SRi

The early SRi's and Sr's are now very difficult to get hold of, there are a couple of early SRi's in the club.

Thanks Jason,

I believe they were only made for about 10 months between 1981 and 1982. I currently have someone at Vauxhall getting the production stats for me, so I should shortly know exactly how many saloons and hatches were made, as well as the exact build date of my car.

I also have enquiries under way with the DVLA as to how many are still registered and how many are still on the road - that will take a bit longer though.

We found an X plate Carnellian red hatch in Chippenham a while back, but the owner never responded to hte note under the windscreen. Same goes for the A reg gold SRi I found last week.

Frustrating, but not a lot you can do.

Its likely that they are good tidy cars then that the owner want to hold on to. Did leave the club web address ???

Guest zero-defects
We found an X plate Carnellian red hatch in Chippenham a while back, but the owner never responded to hte note under the windscreen. Same goes for the A reg gold SRi I found last week.

Frustrating, but not a lot you can do.

Phone number, Email address and website address on the screen and then it's up to them.  

We need a printable calling card.  I'll knock one out at luch time and email it to Andy who can put it as a downloadable A6 page.  Best done laminated in case of rain.  Keep 5 in the car just in case.  

Guest zero-defects

Phone number, Email address and website address on the screen and then it's up to them.  

We need a printable calling card.  I'll knock one out at luch time and email it to Andy who can put it as a downloadable A6 page.  Best done laminated in case of rain.  Keep 5 in the car just in case.  

sent to dougie and andy.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest zero-defects

What is classed as an early SRi?

I'm not sure but - early SR's had the EARLY Grill and No front spoiler, and no rear number plate board and rear lights with no black stripes and they had recaro tweed seats, so I guess the Early SRi is to this basic spec, but may have front spoiler (no fogs)

Mine is a mid life SRi - Should have the 'egg box' grill (but I fitted a CDi one) has early rear number plate board with lights that have stripes to match , and interior does not have recaro badges.  Also mine has no side repeaters on front wing.  Also rear spoiler is an UN-Painted rubber.  

Guest zero-defects
What year is yours POD?

It's a C Reg is that 85 or 86 ?  Funny thing is that the CDi I had previous to this was pre-face lift (as in orange indicators too) C Reg and that had side repeaters.