Hello from sunny Halifax!

holmeward

Greetings everyone, I'm a new member and have a 'new' car! A couple of weeks ago I decided the garage I work at should have a proper 'modern classic' and as I served my time with Vauxhall from 1986-1993 the obvious choice was a Mk2. Bought one off ebay in Worcester and drove it home 175 miles after being unused and unloved for 2 years. I felt instantly at home again when I slid behind the wheel! It's an '87 1.6L saloon in Monaco Blue which was supplied new by Midlothian at Holmfirth. looking forward to the experience! :) :) :)

Greetings to sunny Halifax and welcome to the site  ( my ancestral family come from Halifax and Cornholme ) there is a load of useful information and experience on here probably covering all Cav issues and problems. I had my 130 saloon in 1994 as a daily whilst running various MG, Triumph TR and Sunbeam 2 seaters. Like you i decided on the 130 as a more modern classic although at that time most MK2 Cavs were still mostly cheap boy racer bangers or tradesmans working cars as in the case of estates.

• SITE MODERATOR

Welcome on board.

No pics means its not real ;)

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)