Seats

Steve 1002

Hi 

Can anyone advise if there is a way of adjusting the drivers seat so it can move further back than the original fittings as legroom for pedals is a little tight. Also, if the brake pedal can sit lower as sitting very high, my first Sri back in the day didn't sit as high as this one??

Any advice/ideas welcomed

Hi Steve. All the settings for the brakes pedal and seat are totally standard settings. If your original Cav was an early spec it would have been exactly the same as my old one. I suppose the only way to change the seats settings is to start altering the mounting points or change the seats completely. 

• CLUB ADMIN

Anything is possible! But the SRi's already had loads more movement compared to non-SRI's - on early cavs you got three settings which pivoted the seat forward and back in an arch motion. Recaros got horizontal movement. Do they go all the way back forward?Also, pedals should be standard disance according ot book of lies so easy to check!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all, I think I know the problem. The drivers seat is a Astra GTE passenger seat as both seats have the side lever and drivers seat forward lever for 3 door rear entry is located in the center console area and typically I have experienced with cars that the passenger seat always sits higher than the drivers. Ahhhh!

Edited by Steve 1002

On 26 February 2016 17:19:18, Steve 1002 said:

Thanks all, I think I know the problem. The drivers seat is a Astra GTE passenger seat as both seats have the side lever and drivers seat forward lever for 3 door rear entry is located in the center console area and typically I have experienced with cars that the passenger seat always sits higher than the drivers. Ahhhh!

Hi Steve. It's not an Astra GTE seat I'm afraid. It is a passenger seat but out of another early SRi. I simply swapped the sub frames over underneath as the original drivers seat was knackered. All the early SRi's even though they were 4 door had the handles to pull the seat forward. Weird as they had back doors.