Hi there

Guest dyewitness

Guest dyewitness

Okay, i´m new at this Board. I came here cause i´m searching for an Estate.

Now to me. I´m Markus, from Germany , 24, and I´m driving an Cavalier 2 (Ascona C) since 2001.

Okay, several ones.

Six of them. Two I´ve got apart, two another I will be get apart in the near future.

I´m stundent of economical informatics at the University Duisburg-Essen , I´m interested in Computer, Anime, writing stories and my Cav´s of corse.

Now to the cars.

The first that I drive mainly is a "Ascona C 1.8i GT/Sport" from 1986. It´s nearby a Cavalier Mk2 SRI. It has 115 BHP out of 1796ccm , runs over 200 kph and consumes about 9-11 liters of "Super Plus" on 100 km.

It´s mileage ist about 72000 (=115000 km) . I´ve got in in 2003 for 800 Deutsche Mark (= 300 British Pound) from an older man which hasn´t  drove it since 5 yeras with about 38000 km (= 25000 miles).

Since that I´ve modified it slightly.

- 14" Alloys from the Cavalier Mk1 (Ascona B) , from the German SR model with 195/45 R14H.

- White indicators and the backlamps from the 1987 model.

- Brakes of the "Kadett GSI 16V" (Astra E) at the front axle.

- Lowered by 80mm/60mm

- K&N i57 Kit

- Mattig "gun"

here are some pictures:

Halle1.JPG

Halle2.JPG

In the near future (until May) I´ll wil do these modifications:

- probably mounting my "nearby" Calibre Kit (Side Panels etc)

- probably mounting my Mattig front Bumper (Modifed)

- changing the engine to a 1,8i with a sport cmashift and polished inlets

- changing the air measurer into one from a BMW E30 (2,5l)

- weld the rear wheel arches (rust)

- build in the power steering

- build in the electrical windows

- build in the bronce tintet windows

- build in the electrical window lifter with comfort control (closing by remote)

- build in the digital dash of the Astra E

- replace the sun roof

- some CCFLs

- replace the exhaust pipe with an mattig on (63 (?) mm with an fan elbow union (Fächerkrümmer) and an other gun

- probably build in a third braking light in the spoiler

- D colums linterior lights from an E46

- air inlets from a E30 for the brakes

my second Cav is an Saloon with an 1.6 Diesel and "huge" 54 BHP. Runs about 140 kph, drinks about 6-7 liter Diesel.  

Modifications planned:

Run it at 50% salad oil.  grin

The Diesel is an white LS from 1987 with 225000 km and still running.  

The 3rd one is an yellow (very bad paint shop from the former owner) 1.6 Diesel from 1986, the lights were modified to the 1987 model. It´s an 3 door salool (TR). The  

MOT expires on 31.03.2005 and the welding job is to huge for this crappy thing, so i get it apart. It was my winter car.

At the moment i´m searching for audio, weber caburettors, leather, air conditioning, green tinted glass (4 door saloon and hatch), calibre bumpers and a Estate.

Guest dyewitness

The rims are really 14" alloys. They are standard equiment on the SR of the Cavalier Mk1.  

The Whees are Uniroyal Rainsport1 in 195/45 R14. The width of the rims is 5,5".  

I´ll work with plates to get them a little bit more out of the arches. And at the rear axle a little bit lower with other shock absorbers.

Firstly it´s lowered by the wheels.

Before: 195/60 R14

After: 195/45 R14

= - 30 mm

And than i´ve fitted in an Formel K spring kit with shortened weitec shop absorbers (front) (60 mm) and shortened no name shock absorbers (rear) (20mm) .

These springs are spoken after that they will sag much.

They are 80 mm (front) and 60 mm (rear) . But it is not unusual that they sag 20 mm over these measures it .

So you can say, it is possible that the car should be lowered by 110-130mm (front) and 90-110mm (rear).

The pipe has in the middle only about 30mm to the ground... .  ;D

But at the rear the car is a litte bit high. It is caused by the cheap absorbers that aren´t sohertened very well, I think.

One question: How ca i build a under driving protection for my engine to protect the oil pan?

One question: How ca i build a under driving protection for my engine to protect the oil pan?

I guess you could get some alloy sheeting and fabricate a Sump-guard like a rally car?

I dont know what it is about your Ascona but i really really like it :) if that was for up for sale and over here i would rip your arm off, dont know why it just looks well smart :D bet its unpractical as hell though ??? :?

Guest dyewitness

It is unpractical.

But therefore i´ve got the unmodified Diesel  ;D

The carmine red hatch is for the good days and cruisin, the white diesel is for the normal days and the shopping tours in the nethaerlands , cause of the thresholds (little "hills" to slower the traffic down).

Guest dyewitness

I have an CR F16 in my Ascona.

And at the front it is lowered by 80 mm... .

Only one problem: In the 5th gear it runs into the limiter.

:P

Before i modified it, i´ve got an oil temperature of 140 °C.

Think i´ve to mount in an oil cooler... .

I do like the look of that Ascona, it has a very "wolf in sheep's clothing" look about it. I like the 14" wheels too, reckon they suit the older cars better than huge ones.

195/45/14 tyres - do you have problems with speedo calibration, or have you modified the drive to suit?

Nice car :)

Guest dyewitness

I have problems with calibration.

Firstly i´ve fitted in a 300 mm steering wheel.

This caused some things:

First the TÜV (=MOT) demands that u see the whole speedometer. With this wheel imposible.

So I try to put in an digital dash, because the Speedometer is in the center, and the steering wheel doesn´t cover it.

These ones can´t calibrate anythere, cause of the digital speed trasnmission of the digital dash.

So i´ve to found a center with is able to calibrate digital dashes. Next there is another problem. The car is very low, so it can´t drive on any test stand.

I´ve hear that they calibrate them on the road  with mobile calibration systems.

All the modifications were made in the last winter there the car haven´t a licence. But now i´ve to made the MOT and all these mods (wheels, power steering, engine, i57, digital dash, 300 mm steering wheel, exhaust, springs, dampers... ) had to go in the papers. Wish me luck... .  ;D

Guest dyewitness

;D Not my choose. It was the grandpa before me. But it isn´t allright now. It leaks. Time to a replace... .  [smiley=rolleyes.gif]