The lure of the mk2 cav

Guest andy suter

Guest andy suter

Hi,

My names Andy, im guessing im not the oldest guy here being ‘only’ 34 but looking at the mag feature of my old cav you have in the gallery makes me feel it. Im not a stranger to Mk2 Cavs and have owned a few, but not for a good 6 or 7 years now. I followed the graduation to the vectra B and am now on my 2nd Vectra C. Im mostly seen on Vectra-c.com and frequent detailing world a little as im really into ‘proper’ detailing. I used to run a region of the old and now defunct Vauxhall performance car club, where we had many good laughs. Dazzy130 was one of our crowd and he was definetly the mk2 King even then lol.

Im after a cheap second car and rather than just pick up any old banger I thought I would try for something with a bit of nostalgia. I had been considering a mk1 or mk2 golf and have seen a calibra that I quite fancy but then I thought why not have a look for a Mk2 cav. How much are they going for these days, is anyone able to point me in the right direction etc etc

Best regards to everyone

Andy Suter

Hi Andy, I can still remember your old cavvy from the old VPCC days. First time I went to Billing was with that club. That pub out at Stillingfleet was a bit of a treck that the club meetings were at but it was a decent run. Hope you are well. Are you going to Billing?

• 3 weeks later...

but then I thought why not have a look for a Mk2 cav. How much are they going for these days, is anyone able to point me in the right direction

Well, I have a nice SRi 1.8e 8V Saloon with tax and test to Feb.  It's not a 130 so cheaper but almost as fast with 117 bhp was star car at the Rolling Road in Total Vauxhall. 

rollingroad44wdsw4.th.jpg

http://www.mk2cav.com/cgi-bin/smf/index.php?board=5;topic=4930.41#msg47549

Lets say £400 plus the tax.