Hello and good evening!

baileydog

Hi to all cav peeps!

I found this site on a post on astramk2 and I thought I'd drop a line about the cavs from my past.

The first was the pea green 1.6GLS I learn to drive in, witht the lovely matching interior, back in '92. Nice.

I brought in '96 for the kings ransom of £2k, a 1.6LX with 69k on the clock. Buckets of charm (the seats too), alloys, spoilers, and a rev counter that went all the way round!

cav3.jpg

The tin worm had got to the rear valance and the rear skirt was missing the small section, but other than that the cav was mint, ripe for moding.

cav2.jpg

Though, I hadn't cut my teeth on the net yet and my friends were as useful as a chocolate fire guard when it came to moding.,I set out on my own.

I made a set of headlight eyebrows by bending plastic sheeting in the oven. After 2 days of bending, burning and painting my hands blue, I fixed them to the car, only to have them blown off the first time I went over 60!

I swopped the tape player of a CD. I kept getting the earth and live round the wrong waywhich kept blowing the fuse. So I put a nail in the fuse holder to stop this. You know what happened next.

2 CD players died like this. I kept taking the players back to the shop saying that they were broke and can I have another one thank you.

I figured it out by the third one.

With great success I fitted a set of fog lights from a SRI. I was please to find the Vauxhall had already plumbed to wiring in and that all I need was the lights and switch!

cav10.jpg

The cav is now resting (rusting) in London somewhere thank to an ex-girlfriend blowing the engine up!

I turned to Astras to consoul my self with the death and haven't looked back!

astra.jpg